Apple Time Capsule and router

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Kehaan, May 7, 2011.

1. Kehaan macrumors member

Hello all

I got an router with built in modem, from TDC (An danish ISP)

The router stands in an room at our TV.

In another room i would like to place the Apple Time Capsule 1TB version. But is it possible to connect the Time Capsule wirelessly to the router in the other room?

Our mac's is connected to the router with the built in modem. Where they get internet from. But i would like that the macs can access a printer and make backup while being on the internet. I just need to have the Apple Time Capsule in another room where the printer is, then where the router the computers is connected to.

So is that possible? Or do i have to make an new network with the Timecapsule. Where i then have to disconnect from the internet and then join the TimeCapsule network for backup and printing?

Sorry for my english.

From Kehaan

2. willieva macrumors 6502

Depending on your isp provided router it is possible. You can put the time capsule in "participate in a WDS network" or "Extend a wireless network" mode. You'll have to take a look at your router to see if it's possible.

I suggest googling your router model and time capsule to see if anyone has done it before.