Apple to Announce Q1 2015 Earnings on January 27

Discussion in 'Mac Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jan 5, 2015.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple updated its investor relations page today to note that it will announce its earnings for the first fiscal quarter (fourth calendar quarter) of 2015 on Monday, January 27. The quarterly earnings statement will be released sometime 1:30 PM Pacific/4:30 PM Eastern, with a conference call to discuss the report taking place at 2:00 PM Pacific/5:00 PM Eastern.

[​IMG]
    The earnings release will likely provide a look into initial sales of the iPad Air 2 and iPad mini 3 during their first quarter of availability as well as sales of the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus throughout the holiday season. Apple reported a record $182.8 billion in sales for fiscal 2014, with a record 169.2 million iPhones on the year.

MacRumors will provide coverage of both the earnings release and conference call on January 27.

Article Link: Apple to Announce Q1 2015 Earnings on January 27

2. farewelwilliams macrumors 68000

tim cook is going to say
    "make the best products"
    "laser focused"

3. camnchar macrumors 6502

camnchar

"We would like to report revenue for the iPad Mini 3 but we are still waiting for someone to buy it."

4. ArtOfWarfare macrumors G3

ArtOfWarfare

Didn't we use to get bingo cards to fill out based on what was said? Whatever happened to those?

5. lunaoso macrumors 65816

lunaoso

Apple watch release date hint/announcement maybe??? Here's hoping...

6. CEmajr macrumors 601

These may possibly be Apple's largest earnings ever in a quarter. 6/6+ demand was absolutely insane and they somehow managed to increase the iPhone's ASP with these latest models. It was until just a few weeks ago that we were able to walk into Apple Stores and readily select any model/capacity. Many carrier stores still don't have ample stock.

7. Naimfan Suspended

Naimfan

I expect it will be Apple's biggest quarter ever, and will show how the iPhone dominates the company. Which is terrific on one hand, but less welcome for those of us who are still Mac fans first.

8. AgentElliot007 macrumors 6502

This is what I'm hoping for as well. Unless they're planning to do another Apple Watch specific event or some sort of spring event, this seems like it would be a good time to open up about the release timeline.

9. lunaoso macrumors 65816

lunaoso

I'm hoping that even if they do end up doing another event, that they at least hint at a more specific time frame (month maybe). I would put it at maybe a 25% chance that we get more timing details during the earnings call.

10. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Fantastic products.
    Incredibly focused.
    Amazing innovative.

----------

They'd better be. Anything else would be a decline in earnings.

11. 2457282 Suspended

Macrumors, please make this happen. On Jan 27, please publish a bingo card so we can all play along. Thank you. :D:cool:

12. Transmission.ap macrumors newbie

They will beat Gazprom's record of biggest net profit (15B?) in a single quarter, me thinks. Certainly sounds nice: The most lucrative quarter of any public traded company, ever.

And this sounds nice, too: "Breaking: Apple has biggest quarter in history. What's next? Join next to hear more on Apple's inevitable downfall.".

Ahah, you know it is going to be all over the news and the stock will tank. And that is funny, because every single one of their competitors will be out of business before Apple is. Most of them are barely breaking even.

13. iLondoner, Jan 6, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2015

iLondoner macrumors 6502

iLondoner

14. macs4nw macrumors 601

macs4nw

You mean Tuesday the 27th…..

15. GizmoDVD macrumors 68000

Like the hundreds of thousands who did.

16. Neepman macrumors 6502

"Hundreds of thousands" is a product failure in 2015.
    The one to look forward to is next years Q1 with the watch debacle hanging over it.

17. Michaelgtrusa macrumors 604

In light of what the BBC has reported, the profits should be big.

----------

...but is Tim telling the truth?

18. dumastudetto macrumors 68030

Numbers will be off the charts. But I'm also expecting some amazing new product announcements too.

19. jrswizzle macrumors 603

jrswizzle

I'm extremely interested to see if they can break Samsung's single-quarter record for smartphone sales (estimated to be around 82 million).

I think Apple's got a pretty good shot....would is absolutely mind boggling considering they sell at most 4 smartphone models at a time.

Apple's own record (last holiday quarter) is 54 million I believe.

20. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Somebody says this every single quarter and it's always in error. If they beat the street's EPS estimates by a significant amount (10%+), the stock will probably rise. It will only tank if they don't, or if the markets are having a bad day in general.

As for Apple reporting "their biggest quarter ever," that headline is already cued up to run. Everybody including MR will say that, even if earnings are only a few pennies higher than Q1 2014, and despite the fact the real meaning of earnings reports is how much higher they are than the year-ago quarter, and by how much beat street estimates.

21. moderngamenewb macrumors 6502

Or Monday the 26th :p

22. GizmoDVD macrumors 68000

I just pulled that out my ass. Probably a lot higher. So we're clear you think that would be a failure in a few months span? Lots of failed products in the world according to you.

23. SMIDG3T Suspended

SMIDG3T

Why wouldn't they do an event for the biggest product yet? An event is happening soon for the Apple Watch and Retina Air.