Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TallManNY

macrumors 601
Nov 5, 2007
I think sales will work out very nicely. I suspect iPad sales continue to be robust. And iPhone sales are of course going to be fine, like they have been for every quarter for the last several years.

I believe this is traditionally a modest quarter for Apple. And it may not compare favorably to last years quarter (which, I believe had a China iPhone launch in it). But Apple's competitors certainly didn't achieve much during this quarter. So to the extent there were a lot of sales in smartphones, tablets, and PC, I suspect Apple got more than its fair share of them.

the8thark

macrumors 601
Apr 18, 2011
I think you mean it would be good for us to know because of our curiosity. For forums like MR to know to drive discussion. Investors? Investors don't give two hoots about the product mix. Institutional investors, the ones that own most of the stock, only care about how much money they can make. Think Icahn.

And Tim Cook recently and famously told these people to shove their investor mentality up their own ass. Sure these investors don't get it, they only want money. But Cook and co do. And I am glad for it.

johncarync

macrumors regular
Aug 2, 2005
Cary, NC
Here's how Apple's stock price works after earnings are reported...If I just sold my Apple stock, the price will go up; if I hold on to it, the price will drop.

bueller

macrumors newbie
Aug 30, 2008
I am afraid that the truth is that the SJ halo is starting to lose it's shine and that Cook is no better than Scully when it comes to large jumps in innovation. The present Iphone Ios7 is so pathetically done that it inductively indicates that the company is not focused on innovation. Mavericks, what kind of garbage is that. No touchscreen yet. Hell I can't even make a call from a phone number in my Reminders list. Yeah I know First World problems.

Mal67

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2006
West Oz
they will update the mac mini then , i think

Maybe. Maybe not. You would think that a Haswell mini with better Graphics would be a safe bet. But no. They could've released it ages ago. I'm starting to think it's on its way out.

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Jul 16, 2002
Palookaville
I'm the first to admit I know nothing about the stock market but wasn't the question in the call about flat earnings? Tim's answer was a misjudgment with the 5S/5C product mix caused less than optimal growth or something to that affect. Admittedly, I am punching above my weight commenting on stocks. I'm going to go search for blurry pics of the iPhone6:D

The question was about the lower than expected iPhone units. It wasn't by a lot, but the reason stated by Cook was that this was the first time they'd released two different models at the same time. He said something like "we'd never run that play before." The bottom line is, they erred in predicting the mix of the iPhone 5s and 5c resulting in a temporary shortage of the former and a surplus of the latter.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.