Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple this evening updated its investor relations page to note that the earnings announcement for the third fiscal quarter (second calendar quarter) of 2016 will take place on Tuesday, July 26.

In Q2 2016, Apple saw its first year-over-year revenue decline since 2003 along with its first ever drop in iPhone sales, and that downward trend is expected to continue into the third quarter of the year.

q32016earnings.jpg

During its last earnings call, Apple's guidance included expected Q3 2016 revenue of $41 to $43 billion and gross margin between 37.5 and 38 percent.

The quarterly earnings statement will be released at 1:30 PM Pacific/4:30 PM Eastern, with a conference call to discuss the report taking place at 2:00 PM Pacific/5:00 PM Eastern. MacRumors will provide coverage of both the earnings release and conference call on July 26.

Article Link: Apple to Announce Q3 2016 Earnings on July 26

Reactions: Sunny1990

miknos

Suspended
Mar 14, 2008
Likely to receive a beating but still the most profitable company in the world by a good margin.

You can remove iphone and iPad, and Apple still makes billions.

EricTheHalfBee

Suspended
Mar 10, 2013
Even a "bad" quarter for Apple is still better than any other tech company on the planet. If they go 7 consecutive quarters of decline (like Samsung) then let's talk about how badly Apple is doing.

Reactions: Agit21

tjleonard

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2013
A company that is as profitable as Apple while investing R&D in a car, multiple campuses, and "declining sales" is still fantastic. Name another company that pulled in close to what Apple does...

I will say that it's a horrible time to sell the stock right now, if anyone of you had it (that made to comment to sell), you would know.

I personally don't think it's a bad time to buy...

Aldaris

macrumors 68000
Sep 7, 2004
Salt Lake
Along with many of you in other threads the biggest disappointment is the lack of Mac-oriented updates. As has been pointed out before by many, is Apple has conditioned its consumers to expect regular updates, especially when it comes to iDevices, especially the iPhone. In the iDevices sphere there is no major cause to alarm at this point, as they are regularly updated in the fall; the kicker here (and we all know it) is the iDevices were meant for a gateway drug to lure consumers into the Mac ecosystem, with the blight on the Mac side, any serious investor should be concerned, iPad sales have dreamed to plateau a bit, and the iPhone although selling, is selling at the slowest rate.

I'm not running screaming the giant Apple in the sky is falling, but more of someone's kinda dropped the ball, any investor should be concerned, not exactly to the point of selling, but what really is there plan? What long term projections are the looking towards? If the gateway drugs are waning, and the stronger stuff isn't really cutting it, what are they moving? iTunes music subscriptions won't keep things moving.

Reactions: Benjamin Frost

pat500000

Suspended
Jun 3, 2015
I would love to see everybody sell their stock. I would like to see the end result of that happens. Will they still survive and pump that buy back option?

chinesedemo

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2011
If you are still holding on to this stock telling yourselves you are investors and not speculators you are fools and should not be investing in anything. Sell now, don't wait buy back at 80-82.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
If you are still holding on to this stock telling yourselves you are investors and not speculators you are fools and should not be investing in anything. Sell now, don't wait buy back at 80-82.
Sell low? That's certainly how it all works.

lars666

macrumors 65816
Jul 13, 2008
"Dude, let's dump Apple. They only sold a billion phones this quarter. Psh. I was expecting 10 billion."

"Yeah, dude. They're doomed."

You don't know how the stock market works, do you? It's not "still EXTREMELY profitable" which is traded there - it's future growth.

canadianreader

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2014
When you say earnings call is it a phone call ? And who do they call to announce this ? The media ?

2ilent8cho

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2016
Considering until this week the iPhone SE had a 2 to 3 week delivery time from from order, they might have strong iPhone sales for this quarter. as it will include ALL iPhone SE sales to date.

Benjamin Frost

Suspended
May 9, 2015
London, England
Considering until this week the iPhone SE had a 2 to 3 week delivery time from from order, they might have strong iPhone sales for this quarter. as it will include ALL iPhone SE sales to date.

Yes; the SE is the one cause for hope. On the other hand, it's much cheaper than past iPhones, so it could still hit revenue and profits badly.

I would buy at $70.

EricTheHalfBee

Suspended
Mar 10, 2013
Yes; the SE is the one cause for hope. On the other hand, it's much cheaper than past iPhones, so it could still hit revenue and profits badly.

I would buy at $70.

Then you'll never buy. There's no way Apple Stock hits $70.

However, you can hope and pray that it happens. But be prepared for continual disappointment.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.