Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FortWorthMac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 29, 2008
the parched earth of North Texas
Used several generations of iPhones but finally switched to Android in 2012.Went with the Galaxy S4 for a year then to what I have now, the HTC M8. The M8 is a really good device and the iPhone 6 Plus started to really tempt me. So though I wasn't able to upgrade I ended up ordering a 6 Plus this week and added a new line to my account.

Guess I'll have two phones for a while and just swap sims for a while. What can I say, I'm a phone nerd.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Given some of us here are on our 12th phone since the new year you have a while to go before you can really join the 'phone nerds' in here :p

But enjoy. I'm currently enjoying my iPhone 6 and Galaxy Alpha / Moto X combo

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
Given some of us here are on our 12th phone since the new year you have a while to go before you can really join the 'phone nerds' in here :p

But enjoy. I'm currently enjoying my iPhone 6 and Galaxy Alpha / Moto X combo

By some you mean you haha! Actually, you have to be well over 10. I think I am around 8 or 9

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
I swap primary depending on mood, I don't need to swap Sims I simply can turn on whichever sim I wish to use as my primary with an automated service call.

OceanView

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2005
Lol. Wow. So do you carry all your phones or swap sims depending on the mood?

I use them depending my needs at the time.

oh, and I forgot to mention I sold my S5 and Note 3 in the last 30-60 days :eek:

----------

I swap primary depending on mood, I don't need to swap Sims I simply can turn on whichever sim I wish to use as my primary with an automated service call.

Is this a UK thing that we in the states dont get?

mib1800

Suspended
Sep 16, 2012
Yep, some of us go through phones quite quickly. I can't even remember how many I have had over the last year.

Currently using my iPhone 6, Nexus 5 and Lumia 925 daily. I like using all 3 OS's and I like all 3 of these specific phones.

You people really know how to indulge in polygamous lifestyle :)

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
I have bought and used 11 phones this year. :( Horrible, I know. As of now, I only have two: iPhone 6 Plus and 2013 Moto X. I'm pretty sure these are going to be only phones I use for the next year or so. The X may get replaced with a Nexus 6 in 6 or so months once the price online (Swappa, eBay) comes down but very, very doubtful I'll get rid of my 6 Plus.

Oohara

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2012
So two phones at once isn't out of the ordinary here?

It should be mandatory lol :D As you have probably already noticed, some posters around here get a little bit hostile when speaking to users of devices from "the other side"... So honestly I was very happy when I saw your OP!

----------

Nope:D

I have 2 phones. Will be a third soon:D admittedly they are both old but still.

Heh same here, both from 2011 :eek: But I'm about to get with the times... :)

At some point I'd like to get a WP phone as well. Been way too responsible with my money lately :D

TechGod

macrumors 68040
Feb 25, 2014
New Zealand
It should be mandatory lol :D As you have probably already noticed, some posters around here get a little bit hostile when speaking to users of devices from "the other side"... So honestly I was very happy when I saw your OP!

----------

At some point I'd like to get a WP phone as well. Been way too responsible with my money lately :D

I have an iPhone 5 and Nexus 4 LOL! I'll be getting an iPhone 6 making that three total and only one new:D

But! I am thinking....I'll have a job soon, then I could also buy a WP, I think I'll get a Lumia 630, those are good and cheap aren't they?

FortWorthMac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 29, 2008
the parched earth of North Texas

----------

Both operating systems have a lot to offer. And there are great android phones just like the iPhone is a great phone. I do think each does some things better than the other. And neither is perfect. So no, I'm not going to bash either side.

TechGod

macrumors 68040
Feb 25, 2014
New Zealand
Both operating systems have a lot to offer. And there are great android phones just like the iPhone is a great phone. I do think each does some things better than the other. And neither is perfect. So no, I'm not going to bash either side.

There are some people you will encounter, that simply can't comprehend that fact.

Savor

Suspended
Jun 18, 2010
Tried using both platforms for over two years and realized neither one really complements each other because Apple refuses to let other brands use iTunes or communicate with each other with their proprietary software and crippled Bluetooth & NFC. Also Apple hates sims and makes it harder to switch by changing the standard every two years. Apple created their own sim for the latest iPads this year. Apple is still the biggest control freak in the mobile industry.

Android & iOS mixes together like oil & vinegar for me. You are better off using Mac + Android or Android with certain strengths + Android with certain strengths if you prefer dual wielding phones. Apple wants us to only use their products. I prefer Google's services anyway but the great thing of iOS is you can use Microsoft and Google apps/services. You will never be out of each other's ecosystem by using iPhone while still being offered Apple's own exclusives. I still hate iOS' linearity which makes me prefer Android.

My preferred combination is Android phone + Android phone + PC. No tablets. Both Androids have to be different enough to complement each other's weaknesses. If I want gaming, I will stick to a console or handheld.

OP, see how it goes for you after awhile when it comes down for you to only CHOOSE ONE platform. Been there. Done that. I will stick to Android for now on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.