Apple to Change App Store U.S. Pricing to Regional Currencies in 9 Countries

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Dec 2, 2016.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple is set to change its pricing from U.S. dollars to local currencies for apps and in-app purchases in nine different countries later this month.

Beginning in the next few weeks, developers will be paid in the local currency for sales in the following countries: Egypt (Egyptian Pound), Kazakhstan (Kazakhstani Tenge), Malaysia (Malaysian Ringgit), Nigeria (Nigerian Naira), Pakistan (Pakistani Rupee), Philippines (Philippine Peso), Qatar (Qatari Riyal), Tanzania (Tanzanian Shilling) and Vietnam (Vietnamese Dong).

[​IMG]

Apple has displayed pricing in U.S. dollars across several regions for a while now, but the change to local currencies should make App Store browsing easier for customers in their respective countries.

Apple notified developers of the currency change and assured them that any auto-renewable subscriptions they offer in the affected regions would not be interrupted.

Article Link: Apple to Change App Store U.S. Pricing to Regional Currencies in 9 Countries

2. coolfactor macrumors 68040

Part of me wishes the Canadian App Stores displayed US pricing because, psychologically, those prices are more attractive (ie. "lower"). But that's purely in the mind.

3. Keniutek macrumors 6502

Keniutek

4. edvj macrumors member

5. jimthing macrumors 6502a

jimthing

6. macsba macrumors 6502

Reminds me of an old Robin Williams saying that I can't repeat here.

7. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

LOL so you want a $0.99 app to show up as $0.75....then when it comes out of your bank account it takes out $0.99 anyway, I'd find that annoying. I'd rather it look higher and less money actually come out of my bank account.

8. username: macrumors 6502a

The pricing will be like 20000 TZS for an app? That will look ridiculous