Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CaTOAGU

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2008
Manchester, UK
First they gotta release Macs that can support VR.

Well phones can support VR, it's just Oculus and Vive that require ridiculous specs. I seriously doubt they'll release VR stuff though, the tech is still in its infancy. I was listening to a podcast the other day in which one of the presenters was using a Vive, she had to remove her sofa from the living room to make the whole thing work.

bbrks

macrumors 65816
Dec 17, 2013
I have no expectations whatsoever...only the usual Apple gibberish ...but, again as usual, there is just nothing out there, that can stop me from using my iPhone and my Mac for many years to come....:)

BigMar89

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2013
Seattle, WA
I'm starting to get pumped for this event! iOS 9 has been much more stable for me than the past two versions, but that might also be my 6s loaded up with RAM. So hopefully we can get some great new features this year. Rinse and repeat! Hoping for Dark Mode API, Siri API along with contextual AI improvements, iPad Pro productivity enhancements, NFC API for HomeKit at the very least, a HomeKit app, more 3D Touch integration, PIP for iPhone, and some customization for settings such as Control Center, default apps, scheduling night shift and do not disturb for different days, and removing built-in apps.

I have a 6 Plus and each update has got worse for me and I want to believe it's all because of the measly 1GB of RAM that it has. My phone just cannot handle my social media multitasking and the apps just start slowing down along with my phone getting ridiculously hot.

Reactions: studio¹³¹

Erichatch101

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2016
They desperately need to update the Mac Mini. The 2014 is a piece of salty garbage and i'm languishing with my aging 2011 Mini as my media server. I made a hackintosh to bridge the performance gap. If it didn't refuse to play DRM iTunes Movies, I would go full hack. There is no reason an all in one with a 300 dollar skylake processor, an anemic mobile gpu and 32gb of cheapo ddr 4 should cost 4400 bucks.

Reactions: pat500000

bluespark

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2009
Chicago
The text at the bottom definitely signals that the focus is on software, not hardware. Would love to be surprised, though.

EthanLMT

macrumors regular
Jan 22, 2015
Can we talk about this one event they have scheduled?
image.png

Reactions: Zirel

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
Obviously WWDC is a developers conference, but the keynote since the days is been live blogged, broadcast live online or available for streaming later in the day, has always skewed away from being too technical and served a wider general audience. So what's with this years super geek coder theme?

kazmac

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2010
Any place but here or there....
If I remember, I'll check here from time to time. If something Mac-centric is announced (beyond the new OS), I'll hang around if not...I'll just check this site during my real lunch hour (usually after these end.) :D

jdillings

macrumors 68000
Jun 21, 2015
Reactions: Goatllama

Kobayagi

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2012
To what is this (Mandarin) referring, by the way?

Well, a few years ago when Apple started to livestream their keynotes, someone messed up the sound on one. We couldn't hear the real voices in the presentation, but a actual live translation in Mandarin.

Since then, everybody is expecting them to mess it up again and is ''brushing up on their Mandarin." :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.