Apple to possibly allow MobileMe support on iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by beefillups, Jul 1, 2009.

1. beefillups macrumors newbie

On MobileMe, the icons (at the top) changed and now look like some of the iPhone's icons.

I'm sure this doesn't mean anything, but it could mean MobileMe support from Safari.

Pics:

Attached Files:

2. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

3. beefillups thread starter macrumors newbie

Maybe

4. Etnies419 macrumors 6502

Those icons have been iPhone-esque for as long as I can remember, since I first got MobileMe.

5. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

they actually updated the settings app, and they also changed the idisk icon to look like the icon for the upcoming idisk for iphone/ipod touch app. they also changed how the mail menu looks to look more like the mail app

6. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I don't see why not. I seriously cannot understand why we cannot get to MM on the iPhone anyway.

7. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

Now if they would only enable mobileme aliases on the iPhone....

8. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

im not sure why you would need to. we have contacts, calendars, and email that sync anyways. now all we need is idisk access, coming with the idisk app. what else would you need, besides find my iphone (but on your iphone wouldnt make sense unless you are finding a different iphone)

9. docal97 macrumors 6502a

docal97

yeah, i agree, at least to view your photo gallery. I do not keep all of my photos on my iphone, only select ones. I have them all on my Mac, and have large galleries on ME. So why not give us access? With Picaso and other photo sharing sites, you can view them on the iphone.

I did read a post in the past about a way to access me.com on the iphone, but i simply can't remember how it was done.

10. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

If I want to borrow a friend's iPhone and check my email, contacts, etc, I can't.

Plus being able to hunt down your iPhone using Find My Phone on someone else's iPhone would be great

11. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

gallery.me.com/your_user_name

12. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Whether there is a need or not I find it appalling that Apple's MM is not compatible with Apple's iPhone. Think about it for a second at how stupid that sounds.

13. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

For Find My iPhone of course, if you're with someone and they lost their iPhone at an amusement park. Finding it on the spot or waiting until you get home could mean the difference between a recovered phone and a forever lost/stolen phone.

Fortunately, you can access MM using a third party's built-in browser directly on your iPhone, such as Readdledocs (as shown in the OP).

14. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

As stupid as it sounds, there are stupid MM subscribers who wouldn't enable contacts, calendars, etc. syncing and would been going to the MM site all this time.

15. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

You're not implying that Apple shouldn't add support for MM site on the iPhone because of user stupidity, are you?

It's bad enough we don't have background apps because some people would be stupid enough to open up 47 apps and kill their battery in 10 minutes. Apple needs to stop babysitting the users.

16. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

I didn't say I support their decision.