Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SilvorX

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 24, 2002
'Toba, Canada
I found the puretracks co-CEO's take on iTunes coming to Canada hilarious:
Puretracks files are compressed less than those of iTunes, he said
lets see.. I purchased almost 30 bucks worth of tunes on pure$..., and the quality is pure crud, the sound is too quiet, i actually have to turn my speakers onto the loudest as they can go to hear it well, and i guess he knows nothing about encoding techniques of aac vs wma :rolleyes:

the rest of the article is the same old yadda yadda yadda..
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20041125.witunz1125/BNStory/Technology

srobert

macrumors 68020
Jan 7, 2002
Well. It's good to know that they have confirmation from Apple that they WILL launch in Canada by the end of the month.

I wonder how Puretracks can affirm that they will have more canadian content than iTunes music store. They're probably right but what are his sources? Probably a big baloney log laying in the back of his fridge (maybe with olives in it).

SilvorX

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 24, 2002
'Toba, Canada
his only sources are that puretracks basicallly controls the canadian music download market, in half a years time, maybe iTMS may have more canadian content in 1 weeks worth additions than puretracks has collected in a year and half

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
SilvorX said:
I found the puretracks co-CEO's take on iTunes coming to Canada hilarious:

lets see.. I purchased almost 30 bucks worth of tunes on pure$..., and the quality is pure crud, the sound is too quiet, i actually have to turn my speakers onto the loudest as they can go to hear it well, and i guess he knows nothing about encoding techniques of aac vs wma :rolleyes:

the rest of the article is the same old yadda yadda yadda..
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20041125.witunz1125/BNStory/Technology
Yes! It's about time Apple launched the iTunes Music Store in Canada. I hope Apple can work something out with the Japanese music authorities so iTMS can come there too. I agree with you about WMA - AAC is better, hands down.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.