Apple to Reopen Retail Stores in Switzerland Next Week

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple will reopen all four retail stores in Switzerland from May 12 at 11:00 a.m., according to Bloomberg's Mark Gurman.

Following the planned reopening of all 15 Apple Stores in Germany on May 11, Switzerland is set to follow one day later, reopening all stores in the country. Apple operates four Swiss stores in Zurich, Wallisellen, Geneva, and Basel.

Apple Stores in Switzerland will follow similar health and safety guidelines used for reopenings in South Korea, Austria, and Australia. Reopened Apple Stores will operate on reduced hours and mainly focus on repairs, with customers encouraged to make purchases online where possible.

The news comes after the announcement that Apple will begin reopening United States retail stores next week, beginning in Idaho, South Carolina, Alabama, and Alaska. Apple has been announcing reopening dates for stores across the globe almost every day for the past week.

Article Link: Apple to Reopen Retail Stores in Switzerland Next Week

Mr. Dee

macrumors 68020
Dec 4, 2003
Jamaica
I can’t wait for the stores to reopen so I can go check out the new stuff that I won’t buy. I am just wondering if they might implement a policy, don’t visit if you don’t plan on doing business? The premise of the Apple store is really a place to hang out and check out the gear. People even used the devices on display to get work done. So, it would be a shame if they let the virus remove that level of interaction and community.

planteater

macrumors member
Feb 11, 2020
I can’t wait for the stores to reopen so I can go check out the new stuff that I won’t buy. I am just wondering if they might implement a policy, don’t visit if you don’t plan on doing business? The premise of the Apple store is really a place to hang out and check out the gear. People even used the devices on display to get work done. So, it would be a shame if they let the virus remove that level of interaction and community.
They probably will at limiting customer count at first while they concentrate on repairs. In due time I’m sure things will get closer to how they were. Maybe not exactly, but closer

Reactions: Mr. Dee

ryanwarsaw

macrumors 68030
Apr 7, 2007
Hanging out in a store exposing yourself to a virus with no intention of buying anything sounds reasonable. I doubt Apple is going to let hang out all day if they are monitoring people going in and out. But yeah I wouldn't be hanging out in a shop that looks like a sterile hospital room full of touch devices for my date night.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr. Dee

Grettman

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2011
BREAKING: The world is a dangerous place. There are many things out there that are bad for you. Auto accidents, thugs, slippery floors at the mall, stairs, fires, and etc. I understand the virus is serious and can kill. People should exercise good judgement. Meanwhile, life moves on...

Veinticinco

macrumors 65816
Feb 25, 2009
Europe
Not sure why there's a need for touchy-feel hang out Apple retail stores currently, never mind this apparent rush to reopen.

SidricTheViking

macrumors regular
Aug 20, 2014
Delighted to see these re-openings. Gradual and carefully executed.
Now for my personal rant: I wish there were some Apple Stores here in Ireland preparing to re-open!
I’d even settle for just 1 Store, like Austria and South Korea.
😎🇮🇪☘

Reactions: planteater

orthorim

macrumors 6502a
Feb 27, 2008
One thought on this plandemic - Apple has 137,000 employees.

I wonder if Tim Cook will go through the cases and realize that all of them came back ... meaning it wasn't a pandemic at all, it was a staycation.

Whatever you believe about it doesn't matter - Apple has the numbers.

Tech198

macrumors G5
Mar 21, 2011
Australia, Perth
What i don't get is why is Australia doing staged, while all other counteries (which must have higher numbers)re-opening at the same time ?

That's exactly the reason we don't do this..

ctyrider

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2012
South Korea "re-opened" and an outbreak happened in nightclubs. Every country that has re-opened will shut down again, as will the world, for at least another five years.
No it won’t. But you can certainly feel free to live in a bunker for the next 5 years.

dilbert99

macrumors 68020
Jul 23, 2012
I approve the opening... :apple::cool:
I choose NOT to live in a situation driven by fear.
If you are scared or think it is too early...fine...stay locked up in your pen sitting on your throne of toilet paper.
I also approve of stores opening if the science warrants it
I also choose not to live in a situation driven by fear. I am also the type of person who does not want my actions to cause deaths to my fellow citizens.
I choose to work from home and avoid public transport and go out to exercise and to buy the essentials.
I, in general, do not trust politicians, but I am thankful that I live in a country where its leadership does not think that injecting disinfectant, shining harmful UV lights inside my body or peddling unproven drugs is an appropriate way to lead.

Based on science and facts, I am glad that I live in a country where the death rate to my fellow citizens is a fraction of that of the US. I am also glad that I live in a country where the lockdown is starting to be lifted in stages and will check the facts before opening up further.

I hope you are also as fortunate to live in a country like that.

We currently have 97 deaths in Australia, and if we had a population of 330 million, there would be 1255 deaths so far.
I am appalled that the US has over 80,000 deaths. Pandemics are not something to be so flippant about. You and your fellow citizen's actions affect others.
- - Post merged: - -

Apple will re-open based on the correct advice.
It's a shame that some people don't care about how their collective actions lead to so many unnecessary deaths.
- - Post merged: - -

What i don't get is why is Australia doing staged, while all other counteries (which must have higher numbers)re-opening at the same time ?
Australia and many other countries do it in a staged manner to see what the effect is, make some changes, see what damage it does or doesn't do. A bit of a feedback loop aimed at not overwhelming/overworking the health systems, people and its supplies.

Last edited:

planteater

macrumors member
Feb 11, 2020
South Korea "re-opened" and an outbreak happened in nightclubs. Every country that has re-opened will shut down again, as will the world, for at least another five years.
Fear on display. Please put down the hysterical news media for awhile. Everything will be fine.

Reactions: SeattleMoose

mpinusa

macrumors newbie
Aug 21, 2014
Great. I live in Basel and am so grateful the government has done a nice job in containing the virus and treating us all like adults So that things can slowly start opening again. If you’re from the US then it’s not comparable to compare what’s going on there with here... For example, over 3x the amount of cases/deaths in Massachusetts (pop. 5.9 million) versus the whole of Switzerland (pop 8.9 million).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.