Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has announced that it will be reopening three of its U.S. retail locations on September 16, the same day the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus become available for purchase in stores.

apple-retail-iphone-7.jpg

Apple Park Meadows in Lone Tree, Colorado, Apple Ridgedale in Minnetonka, Minnesota, and Apple The Fashion Mall at Keystone in Indianapolis, Indiana will each reopen on Friday at 8:00 a.m. local time. All three stores have relocated to larger units within their respective shopping malls, and it is likely that each location will be facilitating iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus purchases as normal.

Each store will feature Apple's next-generation retail layout, including a combination of The Avenue, Genius Grove, The Forum, The Plaza, and The Boardroom, coupled with large glass doors, sequoia wood shelves, light boxes extending the length of the ceiling, and large digital screens for product marketing. Apple is in the process of renovating or relocating several of its U.S. stores to reflect the new design.

apple-willow-bend-old-vs-new.jpg
Apple Willow Bend in Plano, Texas before (left) and after (right)

The trio of grand reopenings will occur just six days after four other locations reopened: Bay Street in Emeryville, California, West Town Mall in Knoxville, Tennessee, Willow Bend in Plano, Texas, and Mayfair in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin. Apple Legacy Place in Dedham, a suburb of Boston, Massachusetts, and Apple Memorial City in Houston, Texas also reopened on September 2.

In related news, Apple Pentagon City in Arlington, Virginia will be closed for renovations starting September 25.

Article Link: Apple to Reopen Trio of Stores on iPhone 7 Launch Day

Last edited:

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Not entirely sure how smart of an idea that is. I would have personally opened the day before. When the Oaks reopened last week it was a cluster. Employees were getting use to the layout and what not.

Reactions: SDRLS

TechZeke

macrumors 68020
Jul 29, 2012
Dallas, TX
Apple needs to open a new Apple Store in the Inland Empire in Southern California.

Currently, the Victoria Gardens Apple Store in Rancho Cucamonga bascially serves the entire Western parts of Riverside and San Bernardino County. You need to book a Genius Bar appointment a week to a week and half in advance. Why Apple still hasn't opened another Apple Store over here makes no sense.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Cool 3 more stores that won't have Jet Black iPhone 7 Plus at launch.

That's not accurate at all. You don't know this. I have four stores in my area that likely, one of them will. Your location may vary based on overall population.

Kebabselector

macrumors 68030
May 25, 2007
Birmingham, UK
I've been invited to opening event "to meet the business team" the night before iPhone launch, location New Street store. ;)

The amount of times you've had to visit I'm surprised your not staff yet. I was told unofficially it's opening very soon. 'Very' could be based on the Mac Pro refresh time span though ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.