Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

We're not expecting new Macs to debut at Apple's upcoming "California Streaming" event, but according to Bloomberg's Mark Gurman, Apple is making one small tweak to its Mac sales plans.

m1-imac.jpg

After the September 14 event, Apple retail stores will begin selling the 24-inch iMac in all colors, which will mean all seven colors will be able to be purchased in store.

Right now, Apple's retail stores only offer the iMac in green, pink, blue, and silver. The yellow, orange, and purple colors cannot be purchased in stores and must be ordered online.

The change will make it easier for customers who want one of the more unusual iMac colors to get an iMac right away without having to wait for shipping. It may also mean that third-party stores will be able to carry additional colors, as retailers like Best Buy have also been limited to green, pink, blue, and silver.

There are highly anticipated redesigned 14 and 16-inch MacBook Pro models that are in the works, but unfortunately, we are not expecting these new machines at the September event. Instead, Apple will likely hold a second October and/or November event that will focus on Macs and iPads.

Article Link: Apple to Start Selling All 24-Inch iMac Colors in Retail Stores

ikramerica

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2009
Is there a matching apple decal for the chin? Maybe with a handy alignment template?

Reactions: Huck

ikramerica

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2009
Its not a rip off, its just a indication that the larger 30" or 32" iMac will be that much more expensive to buy. Try pricing the M1 13" MBP, it gets to be pretty expensive also. A 13" M1 MBP with 16GB RAM and 1 TB is $1899 as a example.
poster is saying the 8/7 model is a ripoff, go with the lowest tier 8/8 instead.

FreedomPenguin

macrumors regular
Aug 18, 2021
so glad I got my m1 iMac silver 2tb ssd and 16gb ram from apple refurb store (1900 win), they didnt even offer that at my local store.

B4U

macrumors 68040
Oct 11, 2012
Undisclosed location

Right now, Apple's retail stores only offer the iMac in green, pink, blue, and silver. The yellow, orange, and purple colors cannot be purchased in stores and must be ordered online.

The change will make it easier for customers who want one of the more unusual iMac colors to get an iMac right away without having to wait for shipping. It may also mean that third-party stores will be able to carry additional colors, as retailers like Best Buy have also been limited to green, pink, blue, and silver.

Article Link: Apple to Start Selling All 24-Inch iMac Colors in Retail Stores
Yellow, orange and purple are not "unusual" colours.
It is better to call them unique.

twohoots

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2015
The Apple store at the Century City Mall in Los Angeles had an orange iMac on display last weekend, fwiw.

zorinlynx

macrumors 604
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
When the heck are they going to release the successor to the 27"?

I set up a 24" M1 iMac to replace a 27" iMac for a professor at work today, and it felt like a baby Mac compared to what it replaced. The professor even seemed unsure as he was starting to use it, even though he himself requested it.

It's really annoying that upgrading to a new M1 iMac right now means a reduction in screen size. That really shouldn't be the case! C'mon Apple.

Maconplasma

Cancelled
Sep 15, 2020
Finally now people can get the other 24" iMac colors besides blue and silver easier.
That might be news for ALL stores but the Apple Store I live near in California offers all the colors for view and purchase. Been that way for over a month.

Ecuadorexpat

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2015
What’s the big whoops. They have zero in stock for pickup in the entire SoCal metro area. Bought mine from the refurb site, got it in 3 days. Amazon also has in stock for immediate shipment.

Now you can get all the colors “out of stock.” WooHoo!

Reactions: Huck

Asarien

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2015
When the heck are they going to release the successor to the 27"?

I set up a 24" M1 iMac to replace a 27" iMac for a professor at work today, and it felt like a baby Mac compared to what it replaced. The professor even seemed unsure as he was starting to use it, even though he himself requested it.

It's really annoying that upgrading to a new M1 iMac right now means a reduction in screen size. That really shouldn't be the case! C'mon Apple.
Patience, guy. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.