Apple to Unveil Just One New iPhone - Not the iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ThunderApple, Sep 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThunderApple macrumors 6502

"Despite a torrent of speculation recently that has claimed Apple will announce two new iPhones this October, a research note from Wedge Partners analyst Brian Blair says otherwise. That fancy new iPhone 5 you’ve been dreaming about? That won’t be coming, according to Blair — only the iPhone 4S will.

Blair agrees with a number of other analysts who have seen no signs of a redesigned iPhone in Apple’s supply chain. He says that while there will be some improvements to the device — such as the introduction of Apple’s dual-core A5 processor, and an 8-megapixel camera — it will look identical to the iPhone 4.

Blair writes:

“We expect the focus of the new iPhone will be iOS 5, a speedier A5 processor and a higher resolution 8 MP camera with a small possibility of a larger 4 inch screen.

“We believe the casing will be largely similar to the iPhone with some particular modifications to the antennae [sic]. We don’t expect a second, dramatically different iPhone to accompany this as we don’t think Apple needs to have 3 models in the market to address the high end, mid-tier and low end since the iPhone 4 (with memory lowered to 8 GB) will drop to $99 and effectively attack those markets.”
    "

I REALLY REALLY hope this is not the case..

I held out on getting the 4 and stuck with my 3GS hoping to get the 5. My contract is now over and I don't want to simply upgrade to a slightly better version of the iPhone 4 that's been out on the market for about 15 months.

Hopefully they reveal a new design iPhone in the coming media event.

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

We really have a number of these threads already
    Please join one that is already in progress

Thanks

3. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.