Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mosx

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 3, 2007
Original thread: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/345656/

My MacBook is on its way back to Apple again. But it will not be returning. Instead, a new MacBook will be coming back my way :) Thanks Diana S. Shes awesome.

Theres only 2 downsides to this.

First is that I didn't get the shipping label until after FedEx had closed on Thursday. Second, I didn't pay close attention to the label until I was standing in the FedEx building and saw the person behind the counter slap the "ground" sticker on it.

If I had known it was going to be ground shipping, I would have just paid for overnight shipping myself on Thursday!

Its okay though. The destination is only a few hours drive away. It should get there Monday, Tuesday at the latest.

I've been forced to use Windows mostly for the last couple of weeks. I think I can survive a little bit more ;)

More good news is that Apple credited back $150 for my 4GB refurbished iPhone. So it ended up only costing $250 :cool: I don't even think it was refurbished, because it was all new and untouched in the box.

So I'm a happy Apple customer at the moment. :)

styxfan

macrumors member
Apr 7, 2006
Apple will release your new computer once they receive notification that fedex has the unit in their possession. Apple doesn't have to physically have the unit :)

mosx

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 3, 2007
Apple will release your new computer once they receive notification that fedex has the unit in their possession. Apple doesn't have to physically have the unit :)

Really? Is that true? Diana S. made it sound as if I had to wait until Apple received it back before they would ship out the new system.

Hmmmmm

crzdmniac

macrumors regular
Aug 23, 2007
mosx, I've had two macbook sent back, it is definately true that once apple gets notification that the macbook is in fedex's possession they "place the order" for the new one. The only time I've noticed any delay was this last time, but that's because the MBP had a 7-10 wait, and I still had it within a week (the other was about a 2 day turn-around).

rosh325

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2007
In the ether
I'm glad everything has worked out for you. I just got back from the apple store where a genius sent my MBP off for screen replacement. I remembered your thread and had him document that my laptop was scratch free on the work authorization. Here's to hoping it all works out and they don't mess up again (e.g. yellow screen)

mosx

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 3, 2007
mosx, I've had two macbook sent back, it is definately true that once apple gets notification that the macbook is in fedex's possession they "place the order" for the new one. The only time I've noticed any delay was this last time, but that's because the MBP had a 7-10 wait, and I still had it within a week (the other was about a 2 day turn-around).

Wow! Thats great news for me then! I handed it over to FedEx on Friday at around 1:30PM Pacific. Maybe a little too late in the day to put the order through that day, but hopefully Monday. I'll be sure to shoot an email over to Diana S. to make sure Apple knows its in transit. Its unfortunate that its going to take 2 "business days" to get there though. I could have driven it there and been back already.

I'm glad everything has worked out for you. I just got back from the apple store where a genius sent my MBP off for screen replacement. I remembered your thread and had him document that my laptop was scratch free on the work authorization. Here's to hoping it all works out and they don't mess up again (e.g. yellow screen)

Thats good that you had them note that! I hope the experience everyone here has had with Flextronics messing up their systems gets more people to do that. People really need to make sure its documented in some way, whether someone at the Apple store notes it on the work order or they take pictures themselves of the unit, that the unit is in pristine condition before being sent out.

mosx

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 3, 2007
Received my replacement MacBook

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/351963/

My saga has come to an end. I received my replacement today. DVD drive functions flawlessly so far. Scratch free.

Everything is good in my world :cool:

Apple really came through.

Not like HP when the motherboard in that system died. Where I had to keep sending it back to them, make legal threats, etc. for them to finally honor their own warranty and follow California's consumer protection laws.

My new MacBook, $150 back on my iPhone making it a $250 device, and my new black iPod nano.. I'm one happy Apple customer right now :cool:

Tumeg101

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2007
Orange County, California
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/351963/

My saga has come to an end. I received my replacement today. DVD drive functions flawlessly so far. Scratch free.

Apple really came through.

Not like HP when the motherboard in that system died. Where I had to keep sending it back to them, make legal threats, etc. for them to finally honor their own warranty and follow California's consumer protection laws.

My new MacBook, $150 back on my iPhone making it a $250 device, and my new black iPod nano.. I'm one happy Apple customer right now :cool:

So for your trouble, they gave you a replacement MB, $150 back for your iPhone (thats just $50 extra right?) and a bew iPod Nano(3g)?
All for your troubles? VERY NICE

mosx

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 3, 2007
I wish they gave me all that stuff! :D

The $150 back for the iPhone was thanks to the price drop ;) I bought a refurbished 4GB iPhone (that was all new in the box when it came) just a few days before the price drop. Called Apple and they credited back $150. So my iPhone ended up only costing $250.

The 8GB nano... well, I went into the Apple store to get a car adapter for the iPhone. I saw the nano and fell in love with it. It's now the 4th iPod in my collection ;)

I just finished the battery run down to "calibrate" it. Now its charging back up and I'm going to get on it and finally reinstall all of my software and put my data on it. It lasted for a nice and even 7 hours on battery. Screen set to the lowest, wifi and bluetooth off obviously ;)

majordude

macrumors 68020
Apr 28, 2007
Hootersville

Write this date down. Best day of your life. Meanwhile, Karma will balance your ass out for the next 60 years until you die a horrible death at the hands and USB cords of an interrogation gone awry by the Gatestapo.

mosx

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 3, 2007
Write this date down. Best day of your life. Meanwhile, Karma will balance your ass out for the next 60 years until you die a horrible death at the hands and USB cords of an interrogation gone awry by the Gatestapo.

I should be fine as long as I don't get married ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.