Apple Touch Bar will always be on Apple Laptops?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jjjoseph, Oct 31, 2016.

1. jjjoseph macrumors 6502

The Biggest Danger of something like the "Apple Touch Bar" is that it has to be with us forever or Apple will have to admit it failed. If they realize its not as popular they thought, and looked at as a gimmick, or Cook steps down and hands the company over to people who make computers again, the Touch Bar will be replaced and or discontinued.

So are we in a sense buying a laptop that will one day be a Joke among the history or Apple Laptops?
    Do you really expect this touchbar to be a fundamental piece of engineering on an Apple Laptop that will be with us forever? Its the NEW Touchpad or Keyboard?

This is all assuming Apple continues to make laptops, which at this point I kinda highly doubt.

This realization makes a new 15" MacBook Pro even more unsettling. Maybe it will be of value down the road? Like the Upside down stamps.. A mistake in engineering?

2. blackberrycubed macrumors 6502

call Johny Ive and let us know what he says.

3. Macalway, Oct 31, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2016

Macalway macrumors 68000

Considering we haven't even seen one, don't you think you may be jumping the gun?

Your already complaining about having it years from now. Maybe you should alt least wait a week :D

4. tubeexperience macrumors 68030

Apple has too hubris to admit defeat and would double down instead.

Exhibit A: Apple Watch

5. deepdishstar macrumors newbie

It should hang around for a few years. A dynamic keyboard with OLED keys is rumored to be in the works. I think that is the next step. Dynamic keyboard + touch bar.

6. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Touch Bar is GREAT!!! The actually gimmick is the new MBP itself.

7. shareef777 macrumors 68000

shareef777

Does it matter? It's not like it'd stop working as a basic function row. If it's not widely adopted by 3rd parties, then so be it. Not like the CPU/GPU will retaliate on the TouchBar's behalf and slow down. I look at it like MagSafe, I've never tripped over the cord, but am not going to argue about why it's there as I'm sure others got a benefit out of it.

8. BorderingOn macrumors 6502

9. jackoatmon macrumors 6502a

jackoatmon

"failed" ?

what

the product hasn't even shipped yet

what the heck are you talking about ?