Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

moneyman118

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 9, 2009
So I no functionality except for that of a mouse when I use the track pad, I have a late 2009 27" iMac. Updated all of the software and it still thinks its a mouse. Please help!

HawaiiMacAddict

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2006
On one of my Macs of course
Aloha moneyman118,

I ordered a Magic Trackpad from the online Apple Store and it just arrived today :D

I did a Google search for "magic trackpad update" and was able to download the update, named MagicTrackpadMultiTouchUpd1.0.dmg. Do a quick Google search and you should be able to find the software. I was unable to connect my Magic Trackpad via Bluetooth until after I installed the update. After that, however, I saw a new entry in System Preferences, one for the Magic Trackpad. It's really nice - I think you'll really like it.

moneyman118

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 9, 2009
Aloha moneyman118,

I ordered a Magic Trackpad from the online Apple Store and it just arrived today :D

I did a Google search for "magic trackpad update" and was able to download the update, named MagicTrackpadMultiTouchUpd1.0.dmg. Do a quick Google search and you should be able to find the software. I was unable to connect my Magic Trackpad via Bluetooth until after I installed the update. After that, however, I saw a new entry in System Preferences, one for the Magic Trackpad. It's really nice - I think you'll really like it.

Thanks I downloaded it and didnt see a difference. I restarted the computer but had to leave for work, I'll check it out when I get home.

ozziegn

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2007
Central FL Area
I did a software update on my 27" iMac and it downloaded the mousepad update. I then turned on the trackpad and everything shows up like it's suppose to.

maybe I got lucky?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.