Apple trade in program

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by The Mercurian, Nov 11, 2016.

1. The Mercurian macrumors 65816

Has anyone made use of the official Apple trade in program of their iphone ?
    I'm thinking to avail of it, but I'm wondering a few things.

Do you need a genius appointment or can you just walk in ?
    Do you need to bring the charger, haedphones and box back - or do they only want the phone itself ?
    Can you do the deal on the spot or they want to keep your phone for testing overnight or anything ?

2. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

No appointment needed. Walk-in is fine. Not box or accessories either, just the device. Lastly, they will test it on the spot. Make sure there is no damage, buttons work, water sensors are not tripped and iCloud Activation Lock is deactivated.

3. tma888 macrumors member

tma888

how much do you usually get back for say a working iphone 5s 16gb? thanks.

4. The Mercurian thread starter macrumors 65816

Great good to know!

Depends which country you are in. Search 'apple trade up iphone' and your country and you should find it

5. 3lionsbecks Suspended

3lionsbecks

I'm in Ontario Canada and you can just walk in...no accessories needed.

But, if you want an apple card/store credit you will have to send it away to the affiliate company who does the processing etc. they will set all this up in the store for you. I know this because I just received my shipping box and shipped my iPhone 6+ out to the company yesterday.

If you want to apply the credit directly to a new phone on the spot you don't have to send it away...they will do it directly in store. its only if you want a credit that you have to send it away.

6. The Mercurian thread starter macrumors 65816

Thankx 3lions. I am planning direct trade in versus new phone. Decided to sell my ipad and trade in iphone 6s for an iphone 7 plus :)