Apple Trade-up for Watch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Colonel Badger, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Colonel Badger macrumors 6502

Anybody heard anything about availability of a "Trade up" program for the Watch. All I can find online right now is for the iPhone etc.

2. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Yes, there's a trade up program for $50. It's called buying the base model Series 1 or 2 of whatever version you have and selling the new $50 rubber/nylon band with your original AW. You move your existing band(s) to the new AW as they'll fit.

3. inboxer macrumors regular

Why doesn't the Apple Trade in program support watch trades? They should have introduced some sort of incentive for Watch 1 owners to trade in their old watch and receive a gift card or credit towards the purchase of Series 2. I locked in a price to sell my old Apple Watch Sport and Steel to BuyBackWorld. I couldn't find any other sites to sell my Apple Watch to "instantly," aside from peer to peer sites like eBay, etc. Gazelle currently does not support the trade in of Apple Watches.

4. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Apple doesn't consider the used Watch market worthy of entering yet, that's my guess.

5. ANDJOE macrumors member

ANDJOE

I think first generation Apple Watch is going to flood eBay so you'll be lucky to get $199 even. The upgrade will cost about $200.