Apple Trademarks 'Jam Box'

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

MacOSXRumors notes that Apple has recently (April 18th) filed for trademark on 'Jam Box'

computer hardware; computer software; computer peripherals, namely audio production systems comprised of computer hardware and software for composing, recording, creating, converting, enhancing, processing, amplifying, mixing, manipulating, and playing audio signals
The likely candidate for "Jam Box" is the rumored Asteroid audio box which has been the subject of Apple's recent lawsuits.

bcsmith

macrumors member
Jan 6, 2004
Oaktown, CA
Must mean that they are finally getting around to launching the device that spawned so many lawsuits. At least now we'll get to see what Apple was protecting.

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Aug 9, 2002
And I was just starting to think 'Asteroid' was a clever never-to-be-released product that they worked on and leaked info about on purpose in order to prosecute rumor sites.

DPazdanISU

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2004
Near Chicago
im predicting that the first people to show up for tomorrow's tiger event get the Jam Box and a guitar with steve jobb's autograph laser engraved :eek: :D

Freg3000

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2002
New York
Asteroid sounds cool too, but Jam Box gets the point across better.

WWDC is the next big thing coming up, although I don't see how this product would be anywhere near the target audience for a developer's conference.

Surreal

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2004
i REALLY want it to have something to do with recording on an ipod.

that would get me going. ...did i just type that? well, it is the truth. recording on an ipod would FORCE me to buy one. o the things i would do.

but i think jam box is a line of product as opposed to a single product. the description seems plural

rikers_mailbox

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2003
LA-la-land
Daveway said:
This could be in conjunction with not only "asteroid", but the rumored "megaphone" discussed around MWSF '05.
mega-what? Is there a thread on that?

Or am I totally gullible, and you are joking around? :eek:

EDIT: I found a thread. I'll say it again... mega-what?

xsnightclub

Suspended
Jun 9, 2004
Green Bay, WI
I believe that Asteroid was the codename, not the products actual name.

If they used the name Jambox as a codename during development it would be pretty easy to figure out what it was.

FlyNolJ

macrumors member
Apr 14, 2005
Hellpot Az
Asteroid was cooler.

The name Asteroid was way cooler. Jam Box sounds like its something straight from the 80s. Asteroid atleast carries the 90s. So what is it, software or the little "iHome" deal?? Don't scream at me, I'm unfamiliar. Weeeeeeee............... :D