Apple truly has me stressed out.

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Cyberguycpt, Oct 26, 2016.

1. Cyberguycpt macrumors 6502

Cyberguycpt

So long story short I bought a Apple Watch 2 last week and the screen was defective and needed to be replaced. I finally get a shipping email from FedEx that it will be delivered tomorrow. Sounds great right. So I log in to Fedex to have it held at a hub because I have a job and I'm not about to take off a day Vacation to wait around for a watch. But of course apparently Apple puts a restriction on the package that it can't be held at a hub until FedEx makes the first attempt. Ughhhhhhhhhh. Damn you Apple.

2. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

Just call FedEx and find out which hub. Generally packages ar available after 6 for pickup

3. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

Sorry. If this stresses you out... life could be rough. You will enjoy the watch. :)

4. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

Apple is not stressing you out. It's policy And procedure from Fed Ex.

5. avonord macrumors regular

6. Cyberguycpt thread starter macrumors 6502

Cyberguycpt

Yeah people. I know it's just a watch. Lol. I'm just used to UPS and picking up things of value at a Hub. I guess I think the less amount of hands that touch it the better. When they asked me home delivery or store pickup at the Apple store I wish I would have known this I would have picked store delivery.

7. TheIntruder macrumors 6502a

TheIntruder

FedEx will redirect packages to their Office branches for pickup. They have long hours, and some are open 24hrs.

8. BarracksSi Suspended

BarracksSi

In my case, FedEx doesn't have access to my apartment building (I see "missed delivery" slips for other tenants every couple days), and it's a lot easier to pick up at an Apple store.

Anyway, now you know, and knowing is half the battle. ;)

9. Cyberguycpt thread starter macrumors 6502

Cyberguycpt

Ok people all is right with the world. Lol. Watch came in today. I left a note on my door to leave it with my practically life time neighbor and they did. Now off to bestbuy for a screen protector. I'm not taking any chances. Lol.

10. avonord macrumors regular

Okay. Since we are on a first world problem, UPS has me truly stressed out too.

I changed the delivery to a near by post office because like you, I'm not home during the day. But now, its web site shows that it has rescheduled the delivery to Monday. WTF???? What's the point of redirecting the package if it delays it??
    --- Post Merged, Oct 28, 2016 ---
    Just called UPS. Turned out like you said, I can't change the delivery address because it's an apple package. So my destination change request was denied, and it's still being shipped to my house. So then why is it showing Monday as delivery date???

11. Cyberguycpt thread starter macrumors 6502

Cyberguycpt

Well me experience with UPS is that unless you ask for it to be held at a UPS hub it will get delayed one day. The issue is that first it needs to be delivered to your pick up point, for example the post office and then delivered to you the following day. But your situation seems a little different. If it was denied you should still get it today.

12. avonord macrumors regular

Ahh. Thanks for the info. Never knew that.

13. avonord macrumors regular

Turns out UPS will be late on my delivery after all..

I'm talking with Apple now to cancel the watch, so that I can just walk into Apple Store to pick one up. What a hassle.... :( :( :( :(

14. BarracksSi Suspended

BarracksSi

Are you sure they'll have it in-store?

15. avonord macrumors regular

Yea... I just ordered one for pick up at a local Apple Store. We have like 6 or 7 Apple stores in Toronto. None of them are "feature stores" though

16. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

If that's all it takes to stress you out, I don't know what to say. That's normal practice with a lot of companies

17. Cyberguycpt, Oct 28, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2016

Cyberguycpt thread starter macrumors 6502

Cyberguycpt

Glad you won't have to wait any longer.

18. Cyberguycpt thread starter macrumors 6502

Cyberguycpt

Yeah sorry I was born with very low tolerance for Bulltwinkle.

19. avonord macrumors regular

The Breathing app will work wonders on your stress :) :)

20. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

Very low stress level. As avonard said, use the breathe function it will help.