Apple trying to make me fool ! What'd I do ? Angry like never before !

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by APPLEFUNRF, Feb 20, 2015.

1. APPLEFUNRF, Feb 20, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2015

APPLEFUNRF macrumors regular

APPLEFUNRF

Hello macrumors users.

I have Iphone 6, which I purchased personally on launch day in September in the USA in the Apple Store !

I noted that battery draining, about 5-6% per hour with no reason.
    Never problem with phone, till yesterday.
    By good fortune right now Im in US.

So I made an appointment and went to the Apple Store.

They took phone for diagnostic (damage/water/third party modifications etc.) Asked me to wait about 2 hours, I decided ti come back in the evening.

When I got to the Apple Store and asked for my phone - I was just shocked !

They gave me my phone and letter

Shocked cuz never repair the phone, never problem with the phone.

I asked for manager, and he just repeated - is ineligible for service, call to Apple to Cupertino.

I see 3 reasons:
    1) They are just trying to make me fool
    2) Guy one of the Genius is not professional (!!!SAME guy gave same letter for 2 claims!!!) the day before friend of mine came to the same Apple Store to same Genius with the same problem, and of course his phone have never been modified by 3d party.
    3) They did a mistake !

What should I do when I know all story of my phone and personally purchase it ((( ???
    Thanks

Very disappointed how treated with me (( Disappointed with lie and non professional diagnostics.

PS All I have to say: I dropped once phone, easily, from height about 1.3 feet = 40 sm, almost nothing on the phone, just little scratch, after this accident phone worked over 3 month, it couldn't affect to

2. mKTank macrumors 68000

mKTank

3. FieldingMellish Suspended

By the way, MKTank is referring to the iPhone when he says jail broken.

4. APPLEFUNRF thread starter macrumors regular

APPLEFUNRF

Neve ever jail broken!
    That phone has never been opened or tampered with or worked on

5. APPLEFUNRF thread starter macrumors regular

APPLEFUNRF

I've contacted to the Senior Adviser at the Cupertino, CA, they are going to reinspected, what do you think will I have success ?

----------

They can't explain in detail what exactly unauthorized modification has been done.
    This is very poor customer service.

6. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

are you sure you've never taken the phone anywhere? i was a technician at the genius bar and there are procedures to go through before we give you that letter saying its ineligible for service.

7. aristobrat macrumors G4

Reason #1 and #2 makes no sense to me. They know a customer getting this letter is likely to complain, which will bring their actions under scrutiny. IMO, they have nothing to gain and everything to lose by doing this only to make you look like a fool.

Reason #3 is always possible. Apple hasn't perfected a way of hiring employees who never make mistakes.

I'm curious to see what a further examination of your phone shows.

8. APPLEFUNRF thread starter macrumors regular

APPLEFUNRF

Ill let you know.

----------

Absolutely !

Oh, nice. I believe they are professional, but something went wrong.

9. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

It's never easy replying to posts like yours.

Theirs your side of the story and events and then theirs Apples stance.

We can only but be in the middle and assume what may have occurred and what we as fellow customers would do if this was our own situation.

Would you update your thread on what happens please.

Good luck.

10. Bomb Bloke macrumors regular

Bomb Bloke

Presumably you asked them to elaborate on what the "modifications" they referred to actually were; what did they say?

11. sanke1 macrumors 65816

sanke1

You need to know exactly what modifications they think you made to your phone.

12. APPLEFUNRF thread starter macrumors regular

APPLEFUNRF

Oh my ! I went to the store again, they have reinspect phone again, only because appointment made by Senior Adviser.

In 2 hours they just confirmed that it is some unauthorized modification, but what exactly they did not tell.

They just gave me second letter with wrong date on it, 2 times wrong date, no IMEI on it. Date is 28 March 2013.

I just gave up, but friend of mine who's english is native tried to call them again, so another Senior Adviser sad that it is something in the phone, what exactly they can not tell you, cuz it is policy.
    But Senior Adviser going to escalate process, may be it is some factory defects.
    Senior Adviser asked to send him receipt, i did it once he asked.
    Now I can only wait.
    Sad story, that phone has never been opened or tampered with or worked on.

I spent over 27 000 USD for Apple products in 2014, sad.
    Yesterday I just bought another Iphone for almost 900 $
    This is one i still keep.

----------

They do not want to say, referring to the policy (for nobody repeat, and avoid this in modification)

13. perkedel macrumors 6502a

perkedel

14. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

It's probably a thirsty app or poor cellular reception. Close running apps or do a DFU restore, see if the problem goes away.

15. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

You do know that the iPhone doesn't have to be opened to be jailbroken? That is, it's not a mechanical procedure.

To paraphrase what they say at the airport: "Has the iPhone been in your possession at all times?" Not counting the Apple store.

16. Brian Y macrumors 68040

Ultimately, it's not in Apple's interest to deny service - and they only do it as a last resort.

I know you want us to say "it'll be okay", but ultimately, they've inspected it twice, and have twice found some modification/unauthorised repair.

There are fairly obvious signs, when you're used to working on phones, that it's been opened.

17. Zxxv macrumors 68040

18. APPLEFUNRF, Feb 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2015

APPLEFUNRF thread starter macrumors regular

APPLEFUNRF

Never ever !

----------

May be factory defect

19. got556 macrumors 6502

got556

Are you a consulate to a country outside of the USA? Is this a government phone? Could this phone have had tracking or an extra gps chip of some sort placed in the phone by another country/government?

It's not outside the realm that this would happen, being from another country, and working in DC.

20. Mike Boreham macrumors 65816

Was the phone purchased unlocked? has it been unlocked? perhaps by a third party unlock?