Apple TV 2.3 broke my iTunes in Europe

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by djpl, Nov 22, 2008.

1. djpl macrumors member

So I am an American spending a few months in Germany... brought my MacBook Pro and Apple TV over here so I could still have my music/shows and rent movies. Everything was great until I upgraded to 2.3, and then all of the sudden my ATV won't go online at all: movies and music store are gone, and I can't even use YouTube or Trailers! I called support and explained the situation and they said to restore factory default and upgrade again. I did that, then synced my iTunes again and not only can I still not get ATV online, but now it won't even play my content that I had previously purchased! Whenever I try to log into my US iTunes account it says "can't find account or wrong password". My MBP still gets on the US iTunes store and I can use it fine, but ATV won't. So now I've got a door stop I guess until I go back to America. Any other ex-pats having this issue or any suggestions as to what I can do? It's one thing if they want to keep me from using the iTunes store now, but it really sucks I can't even play my movies and music I bought ages ago when in the US.

2. orbital~debris macrumors 6502a

orbital~debris

I don't know if this will be of any help, but I noticed that there's now a menu option on the Apple TV for 'store country'. I hadn't seen that before (although i might have missed it), so maybe if you try altering that it will recognise your login details…

3. Diveflo macrumors regular

That option was there before 2.3.
    I just tried it myself (I live in Germany and have a U.S. account with U.S. gift cards) and it still works (bought a TV Show and a song).
    I hope they will fix your problem.

4. mac2thefuture macrumors 65816

This latest update has caused me issues too.
    I had to do a reset to original settings and now all purchased films and songs have gone:eek:
    How can I get them back....a small fortune disappeared :mad:

5. orbital~debris macrumors 6502a

orbital~debris

Try contacting Apple / iTunes support. They are usually very helpful when things like this happen and either fix it so you can download again or refund you the cost so you can manually download again.

If you check purchase history from your iTunes store account (in iTunes itself), there should be a 'report a problem' link, or there's a similar link on your email-receipts.