Apple tv 2 jailbroken

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by tlegein93, Oct 16, 2013.

1. tlegein93 macrumors newbie

I have a jailbroken atv2 with xmbc installed with icefilms and seasons pass and what not. my only issue is that the majority of streams i try do not work, most of the tv shows, movies and sports i have tried on icefilms and xmbc do not work. please help if you can thank you very much:)

2. institute macrumors regular

Icefilms needs an update. It appears that many sources have changed how they work and Icefilms needs to catchup. Huge files is one source that is still working for me.

3. dgalvan123 macrumors 6502a

I don't use icefilms, but on a related note:

amazon streaming on XBMC stopped working earlier this year, and the only workarounds I've seen work by popping open a browser window to play the amazon instant video. That means the workaround can work for computers running XBMC, but not Apple TVs.
    http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=108124&page=94

On my jailbroken ATV2, the hulu plugin continues to work well (free hulu without commercials and with the same content available on free hulu on the computer, which is sometimes better than Hulu Plus since some shows aren't allowed to play on Plus on a set-top box, but are on the computer). Also the "free cable" plugin that just grabs non-flash-based streams when the broadcaster puts their shows up for streaming on their website; that works for some shows.

But, in general, I'm finding the jailbroken nature of my ATV2 is becoming less and less useful. I use EyeTV for OTA recording of the broadcast networks, so I don't need to stream those. So the only thing I use XBMC for nowadays is the daily show.

4. tlegein93 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the help

thanks for the help guys, i have heard all these great things about the atv2 then i jailbreak mine and half the sources dont workk when all i was looking to do was watch free movies and tv shows (simpsons) and stream live tv (specifically sports). if u think i just need to upgrade things then i will give that a try thanks for the help. do i need to plug in the atv to my computer or can it run the updates without.
    thanks so much,