Apple TV 2 or 3 ?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by eshroom, Jun 13, 2012.

1. eshroom macrumors 6502

I don't know whether or not to go for an ATV 3 and wait for a jailbreak, knowing I can get all the functionality of an ATV 2 by using my Mac and Airparrot.

Part of the temptation is the knowledge that i could sell my ATV 2 now and more than pay for the ATV 3.

Will the ATV 3 ever be jailbroken? I seem to read a lot of negative reports, but sites likes FireCore maintain their are worknig on a solution...

2. UKBeast macrumors 6502

iphone4 was believed to be too difficult to jailbreak but they did.

sooner or later they will find a solution to jailbreak it atv 3, having 1080p support and a better cpu is important if you take into account of coming ios6.

I bought atv3 today and quite happy with it so far.. I use an old atom netbook running itunes in a seperate room for playing media through atv so I do not need to keep my mbp open all the time.

3. Prime85 macrumors 6502a

Prime85

i went with the aTV 3 and have not regretted it! the 1080p makes it worth not having it jailbroken.

Also i can just change the format of .mkv files with MKV2M4V that i purchased from the mac appstore for $1.99, it only takes a minute for my MBP to change the format and it works perfectly so i have no need for a jailbreak!