Apple TV 2 quits playing iTunes movie randomly

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by nickmilitello, Oct 17, 2011.

1. nickmilitello macrumors newbie

Has anyone else experienced any of these problems?
    Did all the updates with Lion, iOS 5, ATV, and iTunes. Play movie on Apple TV from iTunes library. Goes for about a minute then quits??? Just brings me back to the main ATV window. Netflix works fine though.

Thoughts?

2. rdubya5 macrumors newbie

This is happening to me as well. Seems random.

3. P Mentior macrumors regular

after it quits does it let you play anything else from your library? I have been having the issue where after I watch an episode of a tv show I can't get it to play anything else until after I restart iTunes. I did have it quit a movie for me earlier today but I don't watch movies all that much. I have tried everything I can think of. Uninstall/Reinstall iTunes (I'm on windows), Restored ATV.

4. tbayrgs macrumors 603

tbayrgs

I had this same problem yesterday. Was midway through a movie for the kids and it just stopped, returned to the AppleTV main menu--probably did it 3 times before I reset the AppleTV and restarted the movie. Issue didn't return for remainder of the movie.

5. nickmilitello thread starter macrumors newbie

Yep. Once I unplug it I can play the movie just fine. However, until I actually power it down it won't play but a minute or so. Did it 3 times in a row until I did a hard restart. Also I did a factory restore. same problem... Happy (but of course not happy) that I am not the only one.