Apple TV 2 -- "refresh" it?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by shyam09, Nov 21, 2014.

1. shyam09, Nov 21, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2014

shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

The title is extremely vague but I'm at a loss of words. So let me explain myself:

I no longer have any use for the ATV 2 so I'm planning on selling it. It's a tad bit slow right now, so I'd like to restore it to factory settings so I could re-jailbreak. Or at least "clean things up"

I've had this for a while now, so I don't remember if I have the SHSH blobs. I did JB using Seasonpass. I believe it's running 4.4.4. If it helps,. I have ATVFlash too

If there

Thanks

2. Cassady macrumors 6502a

Cassady

You didn't appear to finish your question - but presumably, you'd want to know if you should factory-rest it, or sell it as is, JB'en?

ATV2's are generally sold at a premium precisely because they can be JB'en... Some buyers might consider it worth more, if everything has already been done for them?

Regardless, I'm not entirely sure if you would we allowed to "pass-on" the Seasonpass-JB'en device, since you might be infringing something in that license?

But that being said, I've almost never seen a factory-reset ATV2 down these parts - they've always been sold already JB'en...

3. shyam09 thread starter macrumors 68000

shyam09

It's just that it's getting a bit slow and laggy, so I was wondering if there was a way to speed it up. Of course I'm going to sell it JB'en but after I figure out how to speed it up. I'm not sure what the cause is though. So I was wondering if there was a setting in NitoTV or if I have to restore it via iTunes and reJB it

4. Mr. Zarniwoop macrumors demi-god

Mr. Zarniwoop

You can do a restore with iTunes (not jailbroken) or with Seas0nPass (jailbroken).

Seas0nPass restores the Apple TV firmware and jailbreaks it in one step. I don't think it even has the option to jailbreak without restoring firmware.