Apple TV Apple TV 2nd Gen Jailbreak recommendation

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by sup3r1or, Jul 29, 2012.

1. sup3r1or macrumors regular

Dear Users,

I have been jailbreaking iphone and ipad for ages, however my friend recently gave me his Apple TV 2nd gen. I have absolutely no experience in jailbreaking this device. From googling this idea I have found 2 jailbreaks one Seas0nPass another one something else. Can you please recommend which one is better for this 2nd gen plus what kind of jailbreak tweaks and apps should I install?

Thank you.

2. lazaro macrumors newbie

i recently jailbroke two with Seas0nPass only because i had 5.1 running in both, ive also heard greenposi0n is good too.

3. sup3r1or thread starter macrumors regular

I get error while trying to jailbreak with Seas0nPass. Itunes says preparing apple tv for restore for about 3-4 mins and then unable to restore. WTF?

4. lazaro macrumors newbie

i got that same error, start over again and before it says to hold menu+play/pause disconnect the usb wire from the apple tv than plug it in than push the buttons

5. sup3r1or thread starter macrumors regular

Finally managed to get it working, but I have come across one weird issue. How do i know that it is jailbroken? Usually there is a special icon on the panel, but I do not have it after I finished jailbreaking. WTF?

6. milbournosphere macrumors 6502a

milbournosphere

Seas0nPass will show the icon when you have the Settings menu highlighted, IIRC.