Apple tv 3 help

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by camilyyy, Mar 4, 2013.

1. camilyyy macrumors newbie

I have just bought the apple tv today and I'm trying to watch videos from my itunes library I have videos in the original .AVI format and I converted them to mp4 using handbrake on the apple tv 3 preset I have an hd tv as well as a macbook pro using os lion that i bought two years ago.

Point is when I try to play the movies on my tv they dont load ( they play just fine on my macbook pro through itunes) and I get an error message. I don't know if this exact question has been asked before but I looked around and couldn't find a match.

Do i need to fix my presets on hand brake etc? what should I do?

2. Pyromonkey83 macrumors 6502

What exactly is the error message you are receiving? A little more info on the file sources and things would certainly help as there could be a million reasons for your issue.

3. camilyyy thread starter macrumors newbie

It tells me there is an error loading. I don't know what you mean by file source? It was originally an avi and I converted it using handbrake with the appletv 3 setting with the presets it has
    video codec: h.264
    ref frames: 3
    b-frames: 3
    rf: 20
    large file checked.
    format mp4 file

then i dragged it onto my iTunes and it copied fine if I click play it plays fine on my iTunes so i know it isn't that it's corrupted since I know that's an AVI problem.
    but when I play it on my apple tv I get the aforementioned error message

4. camilyyy thread starter macrumors newbie

5. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

You never actually mentioned the error message - what error are you getting? "There is an error loading" precisely or is that paraphrasing?