Apple TV 3 now worth even less??

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by 2010mini, Sep 10, 2015.

1. 2010mini macrumors 68040

With the 3rd gen not being able to get jailbroken, and now a new Apple TV. Has the 3rd gen now become even more worthless? trying to figure out what I could possibly get for mine next month.

discuss.

2. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

3. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

Why would you even consider selling it. If you can use it somewhere else in your home, I think that would be a better idea. I currently have the ATV 3 and am just going to move it to my boys entertainment room and put a new ATV 4 where it use to be. I can not imagine getting very much for mine if I were to sell it, so that is my thought process.

4. MetalCores macrumors regular

MetalCores

Plan on moving mine to the bedroom and putting the new one in the living room. 69 bucks for a new one why even bother selling it?

5. ntegra macrumors regular

My ATV3 will go to my parents living room. I just need to be careful I don't AirPlay naughty videos to it.

6. 2010mini thread starter macrumors 68040

Sarcasm, right?

7. 2010mini thread starter macrumors 68040

I only have two TVs in the house and I actually planned on getting two ATV 4. But I do see your point.

8. comptr macrumors 65816

Ya the Apple TV 3 is not worth less for me at least as I am going to sell the Apple tv 2 and give the Apple tv 3 to my parents since they have the Apple tv 2 and they were not happy when they lost youtube and they only use netflix and youtube so the apple tv will work great for them and mine is only a few months old.