Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Draeconis

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 6, 2008
Seems like Apple released an update for the old v3 model.

version is 7.7 (8153), OS Build version 8.4.4 (12H923)

Reactions: Audit13

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
Seems like Apple released an update for the old v3 model.

version is 7.7 (8153), OS Build version 8.4.4 (12H923)

Thanks. It’s been years since I left my Apple TV’s in school for airplay mirroring. Must remember to bring them home during the term break to update their software.

Draeconis

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 6, 2008
Did you notice any changes? I updated mine and didn't notice anything.
Unclear, Apple's release notes (if you can call them that) are vague to say the least;

I'd imagine with the proximity of the various 0-day issues they've patched recently, this update may cover the issue on these devices too but there's no guarantee.

My 2021 Apple TV 4K is on order, finally :)

Cyrille b

macrumors newbie
May 8, 2021
Yes I have noticed and I have huge issues with Netflix sound on my hi-fi system.
Apple TV is connected with other devices to a HDMI/audio hdfury splitter then to my hi-fi DAC optical input.
Sound works properly on apple film/series, amazon primes but with nearly all netflix series I get noise only.
Seems incompatibility now with HDfury as if connect directly the apple TV to my dac trough optical cable, it works well.

Cyrille b

macrumors newbie
May 8, 2021
Yes I have noticed and I have huge issues with Netflix sound on my hi-fi system.
Apple TV is connected with other devices to a HDMI/audio hdfury splitter then to my hi-fi DAC optical input.
Sound works properly on apple film/series, amazon primes but with nearly all netflix series I get noise only.
Seems incompatibility now with HDfury as if connect directly the apple TV to my dac trough optical cable, it works well.
Problem solved, the update had changed the audio output set up to Digital. By changing them again to stereo, problem has disappeared.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.