Apple TV 4 and Hulu Parental Control Glitch

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by Linton88, Nov 4, 2015.

1. Linton88 macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

I'm having a bit of trouble with a new Apple TV 4th gen. I live in Ireland and use Unblock US to access content from the USA which always worked flawlessly on my old 3rd generation Apple TV.

Upon setting up the new one and downloading the Hulu app it's presenting an error telling me that it can only show me content with an age rating of 0. I'm not looking at it right now but it appeared to indicate that I needed a subscription to access rated content. Netflix and HBO both work perfectly.

I'm signed up to Hulu Plus through iTunes and pay for the no commercials plan, but it doesn't seem to be transferring this information to the Hulu app.

Any ideas what's going on with this or how to get it to rectify itself? I wanted to avoid getting a Hulu account given that paying for a subscription internationally can be more expensive, cumbersome and unreliable. I'm hoping it's just an app glitch that'll be rectified soon.

2. kickpush macrumors member

kickpush

I had this happen to me last night as well, it was fixed with a simple fix, unplug the Apple TV for 30 seconds and reconnect. I called Hulu to see what was going on, and that's all it took.

3. Linton88 thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried turning it on and off... no success. It'll play certain things, but other things it just throws that up for. Any idea of it's an ongoing issue with Hulu?