Apple TV 4 random restarts

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by macappleguy8, Nov 3, 2015.

1. macappleguy8, Nov 3, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2015

macappleguy8 macrumors member

I have had this thing since Saturday. I really like it and can't wait for it to mature with future updates. However, I've noticed that it sometimes randomly restarts. I had an Apple TV 2 that would restart all the time because Apple discontinued updating it. I decided to not replace it until the Apple TV 4 came out.

I'm very disappointed to find that I'm suddenly experiencing the same restarting problem as I did previously with my Apple TV 4. Granted, the random restarts on the Apple TV were so frequent that sometimes I would have to stream from my iPhone to the Apple TV in order to avoid the restarts. However, an Apple TV 4 should not be having this issue. It's happened at least once or twice every day I've used it since I bought the Apple TV 4. .

Anyway, I wanted to know if anyone else is experiencing this issue. I may exchange it for another one if it keeps happening.

2. KisonBY macrumors member

Happened to me like 3 times already. Last time when Hulu was about to play an ad. Screen went black and then after 10 or so seconds back to main page. Don't remember what I was doing other 2 times.
    This is pretty annoying. Thinking about returning it.

Anyone else with more info on this?