Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jmckenzie

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 31, 2022
This has been going on almost since I bought it. When I watch a movie, on any service installed on the TV, it will stop playing once, about 2/3 of the way through. I just have to click the remote a few times and it comes back, but... it's annoying.

- It doesn't happen as much on shorter videos, so it seems we could say it mostly kicks in after about an hour of play
- Again, happens on native Apple TV, Netflix, HBO, Kanopy... every service I use.
- I stay on top of software updates
- I have done a complete reset at least once to try to resolve the issue.

Kind of feel it'd be pointless to bring it in to the Apple Store, especially since I have had it for longer than a year. But I'm just wondering if I am being excessively pessimistic in thinking that I'm probably not the only one experiencing the issue, and it's just symptomatic of general software stability rot at Apple?

Let me know your thoughts. Thanks.

Gator5000e

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2018
Are you on wifi or Ethernet? if Wi-Fi do you have the option to connect via ethernet and see if it’s any better? Also, you might need to reboot your router and modem, especially if it’s happening on all apps.

jmckenzie

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 31, 2022
Are you on wifi or Ethernet? if Wi-Fi do you have the option to connect via ethernet and see if it’s any better? Also, you might need to reboot your router and modem, especially if it’s happening on all apps.
Thanks for the tips. I would have to get a pretty long ethernet cable, but it would probably be a great troubleshooting step.... will try to scrounge around.

Also, I rarely reboot the router. Maybe I'll see if I can remember to do that before turning on a movie.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.