Apple TV 4k - ethernet does not work

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by sharat_masetty, Apr 17, 2018.

1. sharat_masetty macrumors newbie

Hi,

My Apple TV 4k is about two months old. Yesterday when I was trying to watch something using the Apple TV, I got the message that the Apple TV was not connected to the internet. I always had Wired internet and never enabled WIFI. So at first, I was doubting that the router was broke or the cable went bad, then I brought in my laptop and much to my surprise found out that both the router and the cable were perfectly fine getting around 100 Mbps of internet speed. On the networking menu, I do not see any mention of wired ethernet connection. WIFI works fine though without any hiccups. I did recently update the software on the Apple TV to the latest greatest.

Has anyone seen the same problem? Am I missing any secret sauce? Please help!!

Thank you

2. Mrbobb macrumors 601

No menu item to configure wired Ethernet is definitely not normal. I'd call Apple support. Plus things rarely break by themselves, think WHAT CHANGED.

3. priitv8 macrumors 68040

appleTV does autoswitch the network interface.
    If you have cable connected, you see Ethernet, otherwise you'll see WiFi in Network setup options.
    They do not appear both at the same time.

4. Phil in ocala Suspended

Phil in ocala

Seems like ethernet is big problem...my ethernet port on my mac died about two years ago...so then I got an adapter
    ethernet to Thunder.??? and it has now failed