Apple TV 4k WiFi Patch?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by DarkSorrow82, Oct 16, 2017.

1. DarkSorrow82 macrumors regular

DarkSorrow82

When will Apple patch the new WPA2 exploit on their AppleTV 4K? I'm worried about buying stuff via iTunes now..

https://www.krackattacks.com/

2. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

Just get a good AP.
    Patchable on the AP end and then everything protected. Already deployed patch on my Ubiquiti APs.

3. JWort93 macrumors member

That is not true at all, in fact this is solely a client based attack. Updating your AP will not resolve this vulnerability. The only reason an AP would need updated at all is if you use them in a mode like bridged or mesh, where the AP is itself a client. That is why it is important for APs like Ubiquiti to be patched, because they often work in a mesh of other access points, and the client ones are vulnerable. If you are using a standalone router, updating it does does absolutely nothing with regards to solving this issue. And if you still have vulnerable client devices that you use with your Ubiquiti APs, you are not protected either.

With regards to the OPs question, this vulnerability is patched in the latest tvOS 11.1 public betas, if you want to install.

4. DarkSorrow82 thread starter macrumors regular

DarkSorrow82

Let me check. I run beta builds. It's there :)