Apple TV 4th gen Remote app

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by bhall110, Oct 31, 2015.

1. bhall110 macrumors regular

I can't get my new apple tv to work with the remote app on my phone/watch anyone else have this issue?

2. Frankied22 macrumors 68000

Frankied22

The iOS Remote app and Watch Remote app don't work with the new Apple TV. It remains to be seen if Apple will update it or not.

3. Godzilla71 macrumors 6502

Godzilla71

The watch isn't working either? wow, pretty sad giving that Tim Cook specifically mentioned that at the WWDC keynote.

4. Frankied22 macrumors 68000

Frankied22

Yea. He must've been talking about controller the third gen Apple TV.

5. Smith288 macrumors 6502a

Smith288

I always used my remote app to type in the text. THAT alone made the app indispensable.

6. bhall110 thread starter macrumors regular

this is upsetting. I don't use the remote app regularly but for setting up accounts for streaming services it is really helpful to have that keyboard on your phone.

7. leesweet macrumors demi-god

leesweet

I doubt Tim referenced the ATV4 that didn't exist. :) As far as anyone can make out, BT keyboards don't work, the Remote App doesn't work, and there are no plans to do anything to correct that. Part of the new platform experience.

Hopefully we can get a better way to set things up, especially Apple ID passwords and others where we might have a real password.

8. TwinCities Dan macrumors 603

TwinCities Dan

Double Parked out front of the Courthouse
    I'm sure the Remote app for iOS will be updated shortly, it's all pretty new right?