Apple TV 5th Gen

ohsnapimaninja

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 27, 2013
Hi Guys,

Just deciding whether I should go ahead and buy the ATV 4 or wait a month or so for the ATV 5? Does anyone have any inside scoop on whether there will be an ATV 5 at the Apple Event next month?

Thanks as always!

Joe Rossignol

Editor
Staff member
May 12, 2012
Toronto
Hi Guys,

Just deciding whether I should go ahead and buy the ATV 4 or wait a month or so for the ATV 5? Does anyone have any inside scoop on whether there will be an ATV 5 at the Apple Event next month?

Thanks as always!
I think it would be a good idea to wait until at least the end of October. Lots of hints of a 4K model coming soon.

d21mike

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2007
Torrance, CA
Mike, thanks a lot. I guess now I need to figure out what's better - Hulu Live or DTV Now. :)
I tested Hulu Live and may go back to it. I got the DTV Now $35 Grandfather price for the Go Big so plan to keep it. I prefer DTV Now for Live TV such as News. But I prefer the Hulu On Demand No Commercial Option.
So, I have the DTV Now ($35/month) for Live TV and I also have Hulu $12/month for NBC, ABC, FOX Current Seasons starting in Sept. I had cancelled Hulu for the summer but the wife wanted it back. I also have CBS All Access for $10/month for the No Commercial Tier. CBS is also coming to DTV Now soon but I hate commercials and willing to pay extra to not have them. I know Hulu Live has a DVR and DTV Now will have one soon and may use for a few things but not much.

Jun 28, 2017
Hmmm.... I use mine every day and have no issues.
Me too, Apple TV user here since 2010 and all have been flawless. Perfect even.
Only problems ever have been the cheap and nasty Zyxel routers supplied by my broadband company which all failed after 11 months each.
To me and for my needs, Apple TV is a true masterpiece and the same is true for my friends who have all gotten rid of their old DVDs and players etc.

ohsnapimaninja

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 27, 2013
I tested Hulu Live and may go back to it. I got the DTV Now $35 Grandfather price for the Go Big so plan to keep it. I prefer DTV Now for Live TV such as News. But I prefer the Hulu On Demand No Commercial Option.
So, I have the DTV Now ($35/month) for Live TV and I also have Hulu $12/month for NBC, ABC, FOX Current Seasons starting in Sept. I had cancelled Hulu for the summer but the wife wanted it back. I also have CBS All Access for $10/month for the No Commercial Tier. CBS is also coming to DTV Now soon but I hate commercials and willing to pay extra to not have them. I know Hulu Live has a DVR and DTV Now will have one soon and may use for a few things but not much.
Mike - that makes a lot of sense. I reviewed the options out there and all of them have some drawback. Hulu has a terrible interface, YouTube tv has limited channels, directtv has no dvr, sling only lets you record 50 hours. I think I might give the vue a shot and see how that works?

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
May want to wait however if you have the money and another TV in the house that isn't 4K you can always move it in there. I plan on using my ATV4 in the spare bedroom once a new one comes out.