Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zub3qin

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 10, 2007
Have Apple TV, Macbook, iPad and iPhone 4. All updated to the latest OS versions.

Movies (including youtube) streams fine from iPad or iPhone to Apple TV using Airplay.

But music alone won't. So if I play a song on iPod/iPad or Pandora, I get the Airplay icon, I select Apple TV, but no audio comes out of the apple tv. It thinks it is streaming, but it isn't. But movies (with the corresponding audio) streams to Apple TV fine.

On the other hand, music from my macbook goes to Apple TV fine.

It is just streaming music from iPad and iPhone that doesn't work.

Note, my problem is not that I don't get the Airplay icon-- I do. It just thinks that it is streaming and nothing is happening.

I've rebooted Apple TV, iPhone and iPad. No success.

Anyone else seeing this? Any thoughts?

pricej636

macrumors 6502
Mar 30, 2010
Florida
Have Apple TV, Macbook, iPad and iPhone 4. All updated to the latest OS versions.

Movies (including youtube) streams fine from iPad or iPhone to Apple TV using Airplay.

But music alone won't. So if I play a song on iPod/iPad or Pandora, I get the Airplay icon, I select Apple TV, but no audio comes out of the apple tv. It thinks it is streaming, but it isn't. But movies (with the corresponding audio) streams to Apple TV fine.

On the other hand, music from my macbook goes to Apple TV fine.

It is just streaming music from iPad and iPhone that doesn't work.

Note, my problem is not that I don't get the Airplay icon-- I do. It just thinks that it is streaming and nothing is happening.

I've rebooted Apple TV, iPhone and iPad. No success.

Anyone else seeing this? Any thoughts?

I've seen similar behavior, but what Ive seen hasn't been limited to just music. Ive seen my iphone think its streaming, and the icon is there, but when you touch it there is not a checkmark next to either iphone or apple tv. Re-choosing apple starts the stream on the TV for me.

zub3qin

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 10, 2007
So I did a full RESTORE from Apple TV which took 25 minutes to download and do what it needed to do.

Solved the problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.