Apple TV and BT hub

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by gathart, Nov 5, 2015.

1. gathart macrumors regular

I just got my apple tv but it does not seem to connect to my BT hub, while all my other devices (iPad/mac book Pro) seem to work well. What to do?

2. TrueBlou macrumors demi-god

TrueBlou

You could try going into your routers settings, I think it's http://bthomehub.home/

When in your settings make sure the security setting is set for WPA or WPA 2.

3. gathart thread starter macrumors regular

Hi I checked and both settings are there; also he recognises apple tv and apple tv recognises the network but they can't connect. Any further advise?

4. TrueBlou macrumors demi-god

TrueBlou

That's a bit on the weird side, if the Apple TV can detect the network it should be able to connect.

Is your hub running both the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz WiFi networks?
    If so, do they both have the same name? Sometimes there's an issue with that and changing one of the networks SSID can help.

Also, I don't know which hub you have, but if it has the smart setup enabled it's worth disabling that and trying, it's been known to cause issues.

5. tyke65, May 6, 2016
    Last edited: May 6, 2016

tyke65 macrumors member

6. KennethS macrumors regular

KennethS

I am with BT Internet and have been running ATV3s for a few years and an ATV4 since they were released without any issues. I am not using the BT supplied Homehubs, so can't comment on that. My Internet speed is dismal, but that is another story...