Apple TV and flickr syncing

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by k9frizb, Dec 23, 2008.

1. k9frizb macrumors newbie

Hi folks,

If I upload an image to flickr, and subscribe to my flickr account on Apple TV, when should I expect the photo to be available and show up in my screen saver? Does it synchronize daily? If not, when/how?

My thought is this: if I purchased an AppleTV for my parents, I could upload pictures of my kids to flickr, and assuming that they enter my user ID and password, they would always have the latest images on their screen.

Right?? Does anyone have experience with this? Thanks!

2. BoulderBum macrumors 6502a

We have our screen saver hooked up to our Flickr account. The photos actually stream instead of sync, I believe, and I haven't noticed any significant delay between the time I upload a picture and the time it displays on the Apple TV (I think you just have to reopen the slide show).

I have, however, noticed that Flickr goes down as soon as your internet connection does (as you'd suspect would happen with streaming).

Your idea is a pretty nice use of that feature, by the way. Our kids' grandparents subscribe to our Flickr photo stream and get notifications when we upload (which is pretty frequently), but we hadn't thought of how a device like Apple TV could allow them to see things instantaneously!