Apple TV and Hulu live TV

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Act3, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Act3 macrumors 68000

Looking for some feedback from anyone using the latest ATV devices with Hulu Live TV service.... I'm about done with cable tv and looking for alternatives. Hulu has the channels I want and at best price.

2. Gutwrench Contributor

Gutwrench

I only have data and use Hulu Live and ATV. I’m not a heavy television user and it meets my needs perfectly. It has cut my cost by ~40%?

I’ll be happy to give more feedback if you want.

3. Act3 thread starter macrumors 68000

thanks. as of now, I am using hulu with a fire stick. Doesn't seem too snappy loading channels. Channels load alot faster on my iPhone and iPad. Just wondering what kind of experience it is with the ATV... I'm gonna cut about $60 a month using hulu tv vs spectrum, and not losing any channels that I watch on a regular basis.

4. Gutwrench, Oct 17, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2018

Gutwrench Contributor

Gutwrench

I have an upgrade data package with Comcast.

I only watch a little news and live sports. It works perfectly for me...pretty much no buffering or issues. I probably under utilize it but far less than I under utilized cable. I love the fact I can put the tv anyway I wish and not bound by co-ax. I can’t imagine my usage will change so I’ll not be going back to cable for the foreseeable future.

Do you have a family or several TVs? Hulu Live limits the connections so if you have several TVs it might be a concern.

5. Act3 thread starter macrumors 68000

We got 2 tv's in the house that we sometimes use concurrently. Hulu allows 2 simultaneous connections so we will be good on that aspect.

Gonna pick up a ATV 4K either tomorrow or Friday to see how it is with that.

6. Gutwrench Contributor

Gutwrench

Good luck. I hope you like it. I sure do.

Oh, I was tempted to try YouTube Live but not sure it’s available in my area yet. Have you checked on that?

7. Act3 thread starter macrumors 68000

So far so good with the Apple TV 4K. Way more responsive and way better picture quality than the fire stick. YouTube live was missing some channels we wanted. Hulu seems to work the best for us, got rid of CATV yesterday.

8. Gutwrench Contributor

Gutwrench

I’m pretty happy with it too. I’m glad it’s working for you.