Apple TV and iFlicks?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by TylerDurden130, Jan 21, 2010.

1. TylerDurden130 macrumors newbie

I ordered my apple tv yesterday, refurbished for $149, I figured it was a good deal. I hope to get it by Saturday!

Anyway I plan to do patchstick so I can run my external 1 TB drive, that has all my movies and tv shows files. I use iFlicks for the Meta data and love it. Here is my question, when I use iFlicks I select ‘Create Reference File’ so the main file can stay on my external, but the information shows up in iTunes. Will this still work on my ATV? What do I need to do?

I noticed that in my iTunes directory on my internal drive it creates a .mov file, so if I just copy my iTunes directory over to the ATV internal drive will all that work out? I also notice an option in iFlicks, a check box that says something like ‘Hack Apple TV Compatible’, I haven’t been checking that box when I have been using iFlicks, so will all my past files still work, or should I delete them out of iTunes, and redrag the files into iFlicks?

Any advice would be appreciated!! :D

Also I noticed that when creating patchstick it calls for a USB Flash Drive, does that actually need to be a thumbdrive or can I just use a spare external hardrive?

2. tom1971 macrumors 6502a

A thumbdrive is the preferred solution, however an external USB harddrive should also do it.
    Here's more info on the thumbdrives.