Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

camyttihs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 13, 2009
I have done everything to get Netflix to play on my apple tv and it wont work. I must be doing something wrong. I have loaded firefox on and it works well. I have loaded silverlight 2.0 and it works great. Checked it at the website http://www.silverlight.net/fox video comes up clear as day. I have loaded the core audio kit frame work. Everything that should run does. I still can't get netflix to do anything. Error code 1001. Please help!!!

klittle32

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2008
I have read in a few different places that the Apple TV's processor is not powerful enough (in some way shape or form) to run Silverlight, and this is the main reason why Netflix cannot be streamed through the Apple TV.

mastershakess

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2008
Bel Air, MD
I have read in a few different places that the Apple TV's processor is not powerful enough (in some way shape or form) to run Silverlight, and this is the main reason why Netflix cannot be streamed through the Apple TV.

yup, thats what happens when you have a 4-5 year old processor in your device

camyttihs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 13, 2009
Well

I have read also that the update to silverlight 3 will allow for the apple TV to run netflix due to the power usage being lowered... I don't know.. Would be great if I could figure it out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.