Apple TV and Pioneer VSX-1021 setup help please

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by cmharlan, Oct 5, 2013.

1. cmharlan macrumors newbie

Hello,
    I just bought Apple TV and I am looking how to connect it to the back of my Pioneer receiver. My Vizio 70" TV is installed in my family room and all my stereo,cable , router etc are installed in my basement.

I cant connect the apple tv to the rv as it is professionally attached to the wall with everything running thru the walls. In my basement, I have comcast box, roku, Pioneer VSX-1021 receiver,5 port hub.

Where do I connect the apple tv.

I have all MAC's in the house too

Thanks so much

CH

2. brentsg macrumors 68040

HDMI out from the Apple TV to HDMI in on the receiver, like all other modern sources.

3. cmharlan thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks but stil have question

Thank you for your response and I did connect the apple tv to my receiver in the basement via hdmi. The issue is, can this work if the apple tv box is in the basement and the tv is in the family room? Everything I read seems to point to the receiver or tv need to be near each other . The apple tv remote will not work as the apple tv box is in the basement. I put the hdmi cable in the receiver and went upstairs to the tv , selected hdmi input but I am not getting any signal.

all my other components were professionally installed with IR devices so that makes it even harder to ad something new.

Appreciate the help

4. brentsg macrumors 68040

If you can't do the integration, have your installer configure the AppleTV with your existing remote setup.

If you can't do that, you can use an iPhone or iPad as a remote for the AppleTV. It just needs to be on the same wireless network as the ATV.