Apple TV and Xbox One

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by Newken, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Newken macrumors newbie

I am trying to integrate my Apple TV with Xbox one. The problem is that I wish to continue using the satelite box connection for my regular TV. Has anyone tried using an auto switch at the Apple TV output to do this?

2. Natzoo macrumors 65816

Natzoo

This is a bad mix. Apple and Microsoft JK they were friends actually but now to the point (i don't have ADHD.) No i haven't tried the apple tv auto switch but i just unplug the cable to my tv when i want to use the xbox and apple.

3. Lord Hamsa macrumors 6502a

I have an HDMI auto-switch and the ATV really doesn't play nice with it. I think because it is always on, even when in a low-power mode, some HDMI switches don't recognize it as ever being "off".

Simple solution: put the ATV at the lowest priority input.

Which becomes a problem again as soon as you add a satellite or cable box with the same quirk (as my Verizon FIOS cable box has). Since the TV has 2 HDMI inputs, I put the switch on one with the XBox, BD player, and FIOS on it, and leave the second input for the ATV.

4. Rian Gray macrumors regular

Rian Gray

I'd recommend getting an HDMI switch WITH a remote, that way you wouldn't be bothered with the problems others have already said. I'm using Logitech Harmony for all of my remotes, so everything worked out.

I gotta say though, I like how ATV operates as it is (not needing to turn it off & simplistic remote), but it does become problematic time to time thanks to its unconventional functions.