Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

soLoredd

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 12, 2007
California
I'm having a problem (which only starting happening with the upgrade from iTunes 7 to 8) where randomly my AppleTV will drop the connection to my Mac when using it as AirTunes. It doesn't drop the connection with streaming music or movies. My network is fine, internet works as it should.

Anyone else encountering this? I found a thread on Apple Discussions where some are having the same problem but I want to know how widespread it is.

Thanks.

rhsant

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2008
I'm having the same problems - can't seem to get it to work more than a couple of songs before it drops out. Any suggestions/help would be appreciated.

downingp

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2006
It sounds like I am not the only one having problems with the AppleTV dropping out when playing music. I have been trying to pinpoint the problem as well. I am using a AEBS, Airport Express, and AppleTV.
I am also having drop outs with my APX as well. I thought the wireless solution would be a little more reliable, but I am finding it is quite frustrating when all I want to do is listen to music without it cutting out all the time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.