Apple TV as AirTunes Drops Out

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by soLoredd, Oct 18, 2008.

1. soLoredd macrumors 6502a

I'm having a problem (which only starting happening with the upgrade from iTunes 7 to 8) where randomly my AppleTV will drop the connection to my Mac when using it as AirTunes. It doesn't drop the connection with streaming music or movies. My network is fine, internet works as it should.

Anyone else encountering this? I found a thread on Apple Discussions where some are having the same problem but I want to know how widespread it is.

Thanks.

2. rhsant macrumors newbie

I'm having the same problems - can't seem to get it to work more than a couple of songs before it drops out. Any suggestions/help would be appreciated.

3. walindour macrumors member

Have to say that this is happening to me as well. I have been having issues keeping a steady connection to my AEBS with my MacPro running Leopard - which I haven't resolved either.

Here's a link to that issue: http://discussions.apple.com/message.jspa?messageID=8380168#8380168

Maybe there is a relationship with the Apple TV connection as well. Lets hope there is a solution soon.

4. downingp macrumors 6502a

It sounds like I am not the only one having problems with the AppleTV dropping out when playing music. I have been trying to pinpoint the problem as well. I am using a AEBS, Airport Express, and AppleTV.
    I am also having drop outs with my APX as well. I thought the wireless solution would be a little more reliable, but I am finding it is quite frustrating when all I want to do is listen to music without it cutting out all the time.