Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jeanre

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 5, 2014
Just installed it, looks promising! The icons are actually not bad at all!

All in all it seems speedier.

jeanre

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 5, 2014
Apple TV beta

Sound is the same

In app menus look different

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407502357.742237.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407502501.890848.jpg

The movies icon looks bad in photos but it's nice on the actual display

betman

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2013
Has it solved the jidder problems or the issue of Netflix being cut off sometimes when using wifi? :)

2010mini

macrumors 601
Jun 19, 2013
Has it solved the jidder problems or the issue of Netflix being cut off sometimes when using wifi? :)

what router are you using? I have never had that issue.

OP, can you post a video of any other changes you see or how Continuity works with the apple tv?

rmdubya5

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2014
Can you post a picture of what homesharing looks like in the "computers" app? I'd like to see if the list view has changed.

tjwilliams25

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2014
Montana
Are you also having an issue using Airplay? I had the beta installed for a few days, and loved it!, but I reverted back to the consumer version because no matter what I tried my Apple TV wouldn't show up on any of my devices. I know it's not a hardware issue, as Airplay is working again with the old software.

----------

anything different about it than just cosmetic?

It's mostly cosmetic, but while using it, I noticed a slight speed boost. The interface animations also seemed smoother.

AaronM5670

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2012
Norwich, UK
Are you also having an issue using Airplay? I had the beta installed for a few days, and loved it!, but I reverted back to the consumer version because no matter what I tried my Apple TV wouldn't show up on any of my devices. I know it's not a hardware issue, as Airplay is working again with the old software.

I'm also having issues; my ATV's AirPlay cannot be recognised by any of my devices - hopefully Apple fixes this big issue very soon.

I've also found 2 other users from 9to5Mac with this same AirPlay problem!

1zlqdqe.png

AaronM5670

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2012
Norwich, UK
I've now downgraded to the previous (7.1.2 I believe) with an iTunes restore, and AirPlay is indeed working again - as tjwilliams said. Very annoying as I felt the new interface was slicker.

We can only hope it's fixed soon! :mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.