Apple TV cloud services?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by postpc, Jan 1, 2016.

1. postpc macrumors regular

postpc

Are there any cloud services available yet on ATV4? I'm looking for a way to upload video files to the cloud and stream/download them on my Apple TV. Obviously, there's always a way to download to my iPhone/iPad and airplay from there but I prefer a "real" ATV4 app.
    Cheers.

2. magearden macrumors newbie

magearden

Right now the only solution I was told to was to link my cloud service over WebDAV of course this only worked with less than a handful of apps, I wasn't able to get it working properly with infuse, the only app I've found that worked are FileExplorer or USB Disk Pro but I'm not a fan of either interface, I hope VLC can fix that problem, I heard that VLC will be available for the Apple TV 4 soon but I don't have an exact date. Hope I helped somewhat, here's a link for what to do if you have a Box account, I'm not sure if other cloud services support viewing over WebDAV

https://support.box.com/hc/en-us/articles/200519748-Does-Box-support-WebDAV-

3. postpc thread starter macrumors regular

postpc

4. benjitek, Jan 1, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2016

benjitek macrumors 6502a

benjitek

Plex offers a feature called Cloud Sync for paid subscribers, it's $5 a month if you opt for a monthly subscription or $3.33 per month for an annual subscription. The also have a lifetime subscription, but I forget the price.

Try the free version of Plex first, I suspect you might find the Cloud Sync feature unnecessary once you're streaming from your Mac/PC media library without the need for an iOS device or AirPlay. For home-use Plex comes in 2nd after Google's Chrome browser as my most-used software application. I subscribe to Plex Pass for some of the other features, I don't have a need for Cloud Sync.
    Screen Shot 2016-01-01 at 12.02.25 PM.png