Apple TV connect to network, but not recognised by Imac

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by Bulldog VII, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Bulldog VII macrumors 6502

Bulldog VII

Hi all

I'm pulling what little hair I have left out!

I recently upgraded to 10.11.1 on my imac (3.2Ghz Intel Core i5). For some unknown reason now I can't connect to Apple TV via my wireless network (BT home hub 5). My printer is also not recognised.

I know that both the apple TV & Printer are connected, as my partner can print wirelessly from her PC & we downloaded & watched Ted 2 via my Apple account. I can also use Netflix. For someunknown reason the imac can't see them? I also connect to my home hub wireless via the home hub, so I know that's on the network (the Imac)

The problen seems to have occurred once I upgraded to El Capitan. It was fine before. I have done all the available updates via 'App store'. When I updgraded the imac used to automatically connect to the free wifi that BT offer to it's users (bt fon), I presume it got the password for this from my iPhone? I have to manually change the wifi network to my hub??

Running out of options & any help would be appreciated

Does anyone know how to reset the wifi settings??

Thanks

2. westrock2000 macrumors 6502

Your iMac is connected through WiFi or hardline? Can you access the WiFi router from your iMac? Usually something like 192.168.0.1. Your iMac has a similar IP address as other devices on the network? Subnet mask is set to 255.255.255.0 or whatever everything else is?

3. Bulldog VII thread starter macrumors 6502

Bulldog VII

My imac is only connect via the wireless network, the router is the other side of the room so can't be plug in via an Ethernet connection. Yes I can access the router via the imac & i don't understand what you mean by Subnet. (Can you imagine you are speaking to an idiot & you'll get my level of compitance on computers!!)

4. GlenK macrumors 6502a

GlenK

Since upgrading to ElCap my Airplay icon in the menu comes and goes, but mostly goes. Have tried everything and so far nothing has lasted. Very frustrating.

5. priitv8 macrumors 68020

6. waw74 macrumors 68030