Apple TV connections

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by gary c, May 19, 2013.

1. gary c macrumors member

I just bought an apple Tv to take with me on our trip. We stay in motels that the tv's do not have a hdmi port on the back. The have s video--yellow,white & red. I was hoping to be able to use the apple tv and my mac air to watch netflix on the motel tv. Does anyone know if they make cables and where do I get them?
    Thanks for the assistance.

2. linds15 macrumors 6502a

gunna have to get a RCA to HDMI switch. local bestbuy or electronics store should have it.

3. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

You'll need an HDMI to Composite Converter (not a "Switch", that terminology will get you something else entirely). Be careful on the descriptions, there are products that convert HDMI to Composite (what you want) and products that convert Composite to HDMI (which will not help you).

Here's an example of what you'd need:

http://amzn.com/B0080KN18K

4. Legios macrumors regular

You will have to join the network with the ATV and I dont think you can get to the allow access page that most hotels require in order to join the domain. Using the macbook is probably your best bet.

5. gary c thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the words. I can always count on getting the answers I need when coming to this forum. I connect the apple tv to the tv in our motel room last night and it worked great with hdmi. I still need to find thendmi converter box. May be today I can find that. :D